Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor fuel Consumption

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
aokman said:
This is what happened to mine, the regulator died on mine and caused insufficient fuel pressure causing the injectors to hose which basically means that the fuel goes in like a stream instead of a spray. This is very bad as fuel is wasted and the engine will run lean which is shown by white sparkplug heads. :

wouldnt that mean it would run rich ?

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Not according to what i read, the injectors get insufficient pressure causing them to hose the fuel in, the ECU then compensates by keeping the injectors open longer wasting more fuel.

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
well i ended up checking the spark plugs they are fine but my fuel sonsumption is on the improve again go figure i did fill up with 95RON fuel this time tho but it should only start making a difference on the second tank not straight away ive also gotten the VS supercharged CAI during the week!

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
Just wondering, with this fuel regulator problem and the car running lean, would you be able to tell by the way it drives if this is occurring?

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
you can check if yours is gone by pulling off the vacuum hose on the regulator - if it smells like fuel, you need a new one. Look at some other posts on the topic for more info

vvulture

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 MY09 VE SS-V Wagon Voodoo Blue
Hi Guys... just a thought.. i filled up my tank once and got 380kms out of it. Normally i get around 520 - 550. Turned out to be the fuel. It was mixed with that ethanol ****.
I got that fuel because it was cheap from a "Joe Blo" service station.
I don't trust that fuel mix, and just the fact that the government is allowing it to be used is asking for trouble.
10% ethanol mix is suppose to be the max limit, but who knows what your getting.
Apparently, as of september this year, service station owners will be legally required to advertise the use of ethanol if they are using it.

Since then, i only buy from the big boys service stations, and haven't had a problem since.

By the way, i also have the vaporate system installed. Before i use to get around 470 - 490 K's, and after, around 520 - 550K's.

You be the judge.

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
jack.mcintyre said:
you can check if yours is gone by pulling off the vacuum hose on the regulator - if it smells like fuel, you need a new one. Look at some other posts on the topic for more info

Another quick check is to pop one of the spark plugs and see if the head of it is white. White = lean :thumbsup:

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
vvulture said:
Hi Guys... just a thought.. i filled up my tank once and got 380kms out of it. Normally i get around 520 - 550. Turned out to be the fuel. It was mixed with that ethanol ****.
I got that fuel because it was cheap from a "Joe Blo" service station.
I don't trust that fuel mix, and just the fact that the government is allowing it to be used is asking for trouble.
10% ethanol mix is suppose to be the max limit, but who knows what your getting.
Apparently, as of september this year, service station owners will be legally required to advertise the use of ethanol if they are using it.

Since then, i only buy from the big boys service stations, and haven't had a problem since.

By the way, i also have the vaporate system installed. Before i use to get around 470 - 490 K's, and after, around 520 - 550K's.

You be the judge.

Remember that there is nothing wrong with your consumption though, people are having issues with theirs atm, VAPOURATE isn't going to help it when there is an existing problem. VAPOURATE is working on the same principle that we are trying to fix with the fuel regulator....Fuel atomisation. The better the spray is, the better the combustion stroke and the less fuel thats used :w00t:

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
well i always fill up at shell so thats not the issue for me but fuel has gotten better again around 430 - 450 a tank and thats drivin thru traffic everyday

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Only way not to get bad petrol is get 95-98 oct;)
I ran when i had old injectors $30 vortex95 Got 110. With unleaded got $30 would only get 90.