Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

poor fuel economy

V

VS1Tonner

hi there i read another post in the VN - VP section but cause vs's are ecotec i was wondering why i get poor fuel, if i put about 40ltrs in i can only get about 290ks if that and can i get a fuel regulator for a vs?

i looked on ebay but theres nothin on there that i saw would suit efi or i didnt look too hard lol

but thanks :thumbsup:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
grab a cold air intake and panel high flow filter, that will improve things a little, also if your in a city try not to gun it light to light chews fuel like a rabid whore.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
i get about 290k/tank too, just live with it, i put it down to im a young hoon :p

Mines due for a service in december (oil, coolant, filters, etc will be changed)

J

Juzzy

I changed my o2 sensor and got 465km out of my tank and that was running on 2nd and 3rd gear onlt as my solenoids chucked it in...give that a go mate and see what happens. :thumbsup:
cheers
Justin

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Juzzy said:
I changed my o2 sensor and got 465km out of my tank and that was running on 2nd and 3rd gear onlt as my solenoids chucked it in...give that a go mate and see what happens. :thumbsup:
cheers
Justin

How many K's were you getting before changing the o2 sensors? ...and did the codes show anything wrong with the old sensors?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Scooter79 said:
How many K's were you getting before changing the o2 sensors? ...and did the codes show anything wrong with the old sensors?

if you just short pin 15 and 16 or woteva, (the do it urself selfdiagnostic) it doesnt necessary pick up faults like that, i got mine hooked upto a tech1 computer thingy and it read my oxygen sensor was dead and my base idle was 200rpm out, yet the do it yourself diagnositic come up with error code 12 = everythgn is fine

cheers scotty

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
holden dealership and or maybe a dyno place can take a look?

V

VS1Tonner

thankss guys :thumbsup:

looks like ill be drivin like a granny now, cant afford the fuel prices as it is lol :b:

J

JakeAA

lol

u will have to put a ford sticker on the back of yur car coz u will be with all them at the back lol.