Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor poor commodore

Sescam94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt stroker twin turbo
The other day I was at supercheap auto buying some new leads and I waked over to the performance parts and noticed a Asian fellow staring at one of those little exhaust cannons for those little buzz box cars he asked me will this fit his car I asked him what type of car he had and he said he has a vy ss I couldn't help myself but tell him he would ruin the car by putting a crappy little jap car exhaust cannon on it and would be better off buying a xforce exhaust after that he put it Back and left the store thought that was unusual for someone to want to put one of those things on such a nice car

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
To be honest, I've heard many a cannon on a V8, An they don't sound that bad, As long as you can hide the body of it so you don't look like a moron, It's a decent cheap audible difference with no "fart noise" because it is not amplifying the sound of a 4cyl' which always drone no matter what.

P.S- Telling him to buy xforce? That's not always the best idea...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Why was it important to tell us he was Asian? And by Asian do you mean Indian? Or Chinese? Or Korean? Or....????

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
Why was it important to tell us he was Asian? And by Asian do you mean Indian? Or Chinese? Or Korean? Or....????

Why did you feel it was important to high-light this point? I don't think his (the Asian) specific origin was important to the thread starter either, or anybody else for that matter, besides you.

In regards to the rear cannons, i didn't think they made that much of a difference in sound. I always believed the difference in centre mufflers determined the tone of the cars' sound rather than the rear resinators.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

I wonder if in Asian countries they have car cultures which pay out on stupid round eyes wanting to fit twin dumpers to their Civics..?

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
Just thought i'd post for the hell of it.

Where I live I've noticed the following;

VE 6 with dual cannons
VS 6 with a cannon
VT 6 with a cannon

No V8's yet..

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
^^ I did.. I noticed a VZSS ute in front of me Sat morning with a cannon but when i pulled along side him at the lights it didn't sound as if it had extractors even. Very quiet when he took off.

I thought to myself, What's the point? It looked **** coming straight out the back.

But i do have a mate that had smaller twin cannons sideXside, (coming out on an angle like how the Imports have them) on his Black VX exec M6 LS1, back in 2002. It made the exhaust note of the banks more deeper and more defined. Exhaust Tech i believe made up the system on that one.