Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ported and polished LS1 Throttle body

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Hey guys, i'm looking for a ported and polished throttle body for VY2 SS. I figured this is a good way to help support the site sponsors as well. One problem is though that i'm in NZ. Anyway can you do anything for me in regards to a ported and polished LS1 throttle body?
Cheers
Steve

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Not too sure if mace does it but I know duspeed used to. I had my LS2 throttle CNC ported by Vmax in the states just google them

IMG_20110126_223712.jpg

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yeah... SITR..lol

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
question, does it actually make any difference?

Probably no real HP difference with no supporting mods but has a definate increase in throttle response

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is my LS2 throttle check the CNC swirl marks

c68a10f6.jpg

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Guy that does my tuning for me says that the standard size is perfect for the LS1 so don't go for a bigger TB. But he says a ported and polished TB can gain you about 1 to 2 HP when combined with a touch up tune. He also said anymore than $150 to $200 is a waste of money.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm looking for a ported and polished throttle body for VY2 SS. I figured this is a good way to help support the site sponsors as well. One problem is though that i'm in NZ. Anyway can you do anything for me in regards to a ported and polished LS1 throttle body?
Cheers
Steve
We genuinely can help. We consistently send items to NZ a couple of times a week as we list items on TradeMe. It would just come down to the part number that you're after from the list below.

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectID=11832888&ViewAction=ViewProduct

TB801
HOLDEN Commodore bored out throttle body to suit VT Series II -VX V8 LS1 / GEN III 75MM - SEND OFF FIRST

TB802
HOLDEN Commodore bored out throttle body to suit VY V8 LS1 / GEN III 75MM - SEND OFF FIRST

TB805
HOLDEN Commodore bored out throttle body to suit VY V8 LS1 / GEN III 75MM OUTRIGHT

TB806
HOLDEN Commodore bored out throttle body to suit VY V8 LS1 / GEN III 75MM CHANGEOVER

TB807
HOLDEN Commodore bored out throttle body to suit VT Series II -VX V8 LS1 / GEN III 75MM - OUTRIGHT

TB808
HOLDEN Commodore bored out throttle body to suit VT Series II -VX V8 LS1 / GEN III 75MM - OUTRIGHT

Am i right in assuming Mace don't check this site regularly?
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Been under the pump at the moment,

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Last edited: