Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

positioning an amp in a vz

vz05 boar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
hi i have just installed all my speakers and run all the cables for the amp and the crossovers, but im having difficulty on deciding where to put the amp and the 4 crossover boxes. atm i have a cut out and positioned everything on it and trialed it in the boot. ect. but there is nothing to securely screw the board/amp to towards the back of the boot. also at the front the floor which hides the spare tire is a plastic which can bend so im hesitant to screw into that. im looking to keep some room in the boot. btw the amp is a alpine pdx 4.100 (to help out with size).
any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated
cheers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Its fairly hard to mount an amp securely towards the rear of the boot in these commodores. You have two options if you still want in there:
* Make a full false floor and cover it in matching carpet, screw the amp to this.
* Make a false wall for one of the rear quarter panels, cover in matching carpet and mount the amp to that.

Why not mount it on the underside of the parcel shelf or on the rear of the back seat (on either side of the ski port)?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Why not bolt it to the floor under the passenger seat mate?
Harder to steal, less money to spend on wiring, all out of the way.

vz05 boar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Why not bolt it to the floor under the passenger seat mate?
Harder to steal, less money to spend on wiring, all out of the way.

the wiring has all being done to the boot

vz05 boar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
holdenboy - yeah i have been considering doing this and may go for it in the end. i will just have to do the false floor neway for the crossovers. thanks for your help

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
false floor is simple too, just use the boot carpet as your template
heck if you are in Canberra I will give you my old one, just needs a retrim (but your profile doesnt have a location)

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I run a twin sub box with 2 amps bolted to each side of the box(one per side)........ i have a 1 farad capacitor in the middle of the two subs........ and run 2 stretchy cable clips u usually use on trailer cages etc.

the larger one clips to each corner of the sub box and goes thru the top of the boot, the smaller one goes around the farad and clips to other holes on the top of the boot.

I also have mounted a 12cm zalman fan above each of the amps which run off my kenwood headunit amp on power. Had this setup for over a year now without an issue.