Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible ban for young drivers on Friday and Saturday nights

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
What high horse exactly?

The guy posted he broke the law and blamed the old person for not giving way. I was unaware stating he was in the wrong was being on a high horse.

Seriously, try harder to come up with something better next time(I am sure you have another 5000 word post to add on a similar story).

Calm your farm mate, hes just trolling

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
We need more driver education, better/tougher licensing systems, a place where we CAN go to skid, drift, speed, ect banning at night is ****, simply put, they banned v8's but I see a ve v6 has 60 more kw than my old 253, and your average 4pot is also quicker, it hasn't fixed anything, spend some money from revenue. Qld just pulled all they're cameras and magically, less crashes....

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
We need more driver education, better/tougher licensing systems, a place where we CAN go to skid, drift, speed, ect banning at night is ****, simply put, they banned v8's but I see a ve v6 has 60 more kw than my old 253, and your average 4pot is also quicker, it hasn't fixed anything, spend some money from revenue. Qld just pulled all they're cameras and magically, less crashes....

Huh?

Queensland converted 2 point to point cameras (so I guess they 'pulled' the point to point cameras .. kinda .. ) to fixed speed cameras. These were the ones at Caloundra Rd turnoff and Wild Horse mountain. They will now become a triple whammy in a 40km section of road, starting from the most successful (ie profitable) camera in the state, at Burpengary.

What cameras have they pulled? Who says there are less crashes?

The only mention of cameras I can find is this quote

'Queensland Police Minister Neil Roberts chose not to respond to suggestions the 16 fixed speed cameras in south-east Queensland were purely revenue raisers.

He said the move to increase the number of systems was based purely on improving road safety.

“In 2008, the rate of detection of speeding motorists at fixed speed camera sites was around three vehicles per 1000.

"Today the rate is 0.91 per 1000 vehicles,” he said.'

I dont see a mention of reduced crashes in there either, just a reduced number of people being caught speeding. Maybe the signs in the km's leading up to the cameras saying 'warning speed camera ahead 24hrs' had something to do with that...

Dont get me wrong, I am not in favour of speed cameras. I have heard talk lately of councils considering doing the exact opposite of what QLD has just done with those 2 cameras.. making all speed cameras a 'point to point' system, which is a lot more reasonable to me, as it penalises you for a high average speed, not a momentary climb in speed down a short hill whilst still on cruise control.

At the moment, slow down for the fixed camera, then speed up again, you will be ok most of the time. Point to point, goes on average speed. Get from point A to point B too fast, then you have been speeding consistently.

All I am saying is I dont think the cameras have been pulled, nor are there less crashes.

I think most of the cameras should be pulled, but I doubt it will reduce or increase crashes. It will just mean governments will need to find another way to screw you for your cash.

The rest of your post, agreed :)

Last edited:

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
It is stupid, yes I am on my green P's and live in the rural parts of Australia where there is no public transport, so they expect you people to get government hand outs rather then going out and making a dollar for themselves, yes there is some stupid drivers out there but it can be put down to driver training and discipline. Australia should have Germany's training for young drivers.

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
maybe if everyone just drove with some sort of responsible effort instead of being ########s on the roads such as tailgating/ speeding/ getting out of the right lane on freeways/ not indicating/hooning....idiots in government depts wouldnt have to make up idiotic laws....we are all to blame not just p platers but the problem with p platers is that they think there invincible...look dudes and dudettes your driving a 2 ton weapon that can kill....im not saying all of p platers are idiots there are a few out there who are actually good drivers but some of you p platers are just ########s youve had your license for 2 minutes and think its your right to stuff it up for other legit drivers and then wonder why p platers get picked on....learn to obey the road rules and im not just talking p platers slow down if it takes you 5 mins longer so be it....and yo p plater in your hotted up Hyundai trying to line me up at the lights....your an idiot sunshine your not impressing me with that 2 inch burnout....on any given day ill beat you in f****n reverse you moron ....grrrrrrrr lucky this isnt a motor bike forum ive got a few things to say about some of those idiots grrrrrr......damn im such a grouch lol

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
close to 30k id say