Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible DIY?

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
So I'm in a queue for the bowser, there's a Pajero in front of me, dude's reverse lights come on so I blasted my horn, despite this his tailgate mounted tyre slides over my headlight and pushes in my left fender.

422754_10151374450165226_540945225_23366394_1531743082_n.jpg

424107_10151384935985226_540945225_23402403_413585196_n.jpg

His mad because he reckons I was too close behind him and that he couldn't see me over his tailgate, old man got the cops involved, anyway, I won, his paying for the visit to his panel beater, all sweet.

Got quoted $396 total? $100 for repair of fender, $200 for respray of fender the rest is labour and GST. Rather costly for a single panel? I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy in the Pajero :p

It seems a pretty clean dent, nothings cracked or chipped, I would think it would just take a heat gun and a mallet or is it more complex than that? I will probably leave it to the professionals, but I'm just wondering if it's much of a job.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if you dont have to pay why worry =P
just let the panelbeaters fix it for you.

however if you want to have a go.
get a panel form the wreckers (preferably good one)
get the panelbeaters to do the work on that.
keep old panel and have a go.
if you stuff up it doesnt matter.
and you can keep going until your 100% happy with the end result.

not long ago i dropped my tailgate on the towbar... (dont ask =P)
i was able to pop most out just by hand, but there are still some dents there.
looks better then it was but id ratehr it be perfect (which im getting panelbeating done for =P)

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
$300 sounds pretty cheap.

He's probably lucky he didn't crack the light

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
seems a touch expensive. but hey you're not paying.

are the blending the bonnet also? this could account for the cost?

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Haha I spent ages doing the ss style headlight "mod" recently, would have flipped s**t twice if he popped the headlight haha :axe:

The guy that quoted for me didn't mention blending the bonnet. Hope it comes out good..

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
well, make sure it's parked repaired side in the sun when you pick it up.

if it's parked in the shade they might be trying to hide a colour variation. also check around the blinker and below the guard mould for runs.

hope it's a good job mate.

sm00th

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Take it back to them and show them what your not happy with

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
So I'm in a queue for the bowser, there's a Pajero in front of me, dude's reverse lights come on so I blasted my horn, despite this his tailgate mounted tyre slides over my headlight and pushes in my left fender.

His mad because he reckons I was too close behind him and that he couldn't see me over his tailgate, old man got the cops involved, anyway, I won, his paying for the visit to his panel beater, all sweet.

Got quoted $396 total? $100 for repair of fender, $200 for respray of fender the rest is labour and GST. Rather costly for a single panel? I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy in the Pajero :p

It seems a pretty clean dent, nothings cracked or chipped, I would think it would just take a heat gun and a mallet or is it more complex than that? I will probably leave it to the professionals, but I'm just wondering if it's much of a job.

Seems fair to me. I doubt he plans to repair the panel though, easier to replace it, and a better option from your point of view too. The other guy is paying, as he should.. why worry?