Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Possible new car,

mickey1010

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Falcon Futura & a VR flog bomb
It doesn't look too bad. But is it really worth the bother? There are plenty of cheap, undamaged and good running VTs out there. For the money you'd probably spend getting this one on the road, you could buy a better one.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
It looks like there is slight distortion of the inner guard. Look in the third pic above the air cleaner. There is a hole in the inner guard that is bent slightly outwards which possibly indicates that the inner guard has been pushed back slightly.

If that is the worst you can find, it wouldn't be a complex repair to undertake at home.

I'd sure buy it, but then, I'd also undertake the complete repair including paintwork, so labour costs would not come into it.

I plan on doing it all myself at home, Im hoping to have it on the road for 2k or less, also i found out it hasn't been put on the repairable write off register so thats a bonus.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
It doesn't look too bad. But is it really worth the bother? There are plenty of cheap, undamaged and good running VTs out there. For the money you'd probably spend getting this one on the road, you could buy a better one.

Not sure about car prices where you are but they are bloody expensive up here, the lowest price i could find for a vt in good running order was 3k plus. An im not going to travel to get a car because that's just more expenses.

The Vt is in immaculate condition other then the dent in the front, its got stainless extractors, full exhaust an lowish Kms.

knight wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp executive v6 auto
Not sure about car prices where you are but they are bloody expensive up here, the lowest price i could find for a vt in good running order was 3k plus. An im not going to travel to get a car because that's just more expenses.

The Vt is in immaculate condition other then the dent in the front, its got stainless extractors, full exhaust an lowish Kms.

expensive i got 2 i cant sell cant get $1200 for 1 and $2000 for the other

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Small update

Ok got the car home today an ripped the whole front end off,. an assessed the damage.
I checked it all over then my dad suggested getting his panel beater mate to check it out, so thats were it is now.. Will know more when he rings with a rough cash quote.

278896_10150251025559189_732144188_7167002_594548_o.jpg

271850_10150251025709189_732144188_7167003_7549192_o.jpg

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Update

Car has been in the workshop since last post an is now fixed,, all up will be roughly $500 that includes:
new guard and headlight, the guard is same colour so no need to paint it,
bonnet was straighten out an touched up,
front bumper was plastic welded were the small crack was an touched up.

Once i have it back im going to fix up the little bits that need doing an sell it, as i have found another VT that i will be getting in a couple days,

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Car is now sold to its new owner...

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
vt.jpgsolo.jpgdoors.jpgcar.jpg

heres a few pics if her when she was in her prime :p if you want em.