Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible Stolen Statesman

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Did I read that a Stateman had been stolen recently in Melboune ?,
Possibly a 2003 or 2004 model.
I was at a relatives house on Saturday afternoon, and they had mentioned that a Statesman appears to have been dumped outside their neighbour's house, as the neighbors had asked if it belonged to my relatives.
Being it’s been there for 3 weeks, unlocked and personnel items still inside it, (no name or address)
They said the neighbour was going to call the police last week, but nothing has happen, as it’s still there,

if it has been stolen, a member may know the owner.

The VIC rego ends in 375.
(not giving to much information away)

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
We had a vb commodore out the front of our house some years back, called the cops who confirmed it was stolen. It sat there for a few more weeks so I had a look inside and found a bill with a name and address looked up the address in the white pages and rang them up. Told them the story but the cops never contacted them.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That VicRoads search wont tell you who the owner is or whether the vehicle was reported as stolen. The stupid site will tell you if "sanctions are applicable".

Didn't know what the later meant but google tells me "Sanction may include suspending or preventing you from renewing your driver licence and/or vehicle registration(s) or restrict your ability to transfer a vehicle out of your name".

But if you want to find out whether a vehicle is stolen status and written off status, amoung other things, then you need to do a PPSR search which used to be free (you only paid if you wanted a legally binding doc to protect you if purchasing). These PPSR pricks now seem to want money in all cases... not much but thats just thin end of the wedge stuff... other sites want much more...

@ https://www.ppsr.gov.au/searching/do-used-car-or-vehicle-search , I'm currently seeing $28 to $39 chanrges even though i click on the $2 check :rolleyes:

We had a vb commodore out the front of our house some years back, called the cops who confirmed it was stolen. It sat there for a few more weeks so I had a look inside and found a bill with a name and address looked up the address in the white pages and rang them up. Told them the story but the cops never contacted them.
That's a rather poor effort by police who in victoria have the motto "uphold the right" ... and their vision statement is "A community in which: everyone is safe and feels safe. those affected by crime feel supported"... Oh how wrong that all sounded in that case :mad:

@krusing the statesman will be left alone until the next full moon (sep 29 in melbourne) where the midnight spares wolves will decend on the carcas and nothing will be left :(

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did do a Vic Rego check
And it’s been cancelled

The rego is
VIC - SGF375

Vic roads does report the car/plates if stolen

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Makes me wonder whether the cops picked up the driver and have taken him for a holiday and the driver hasn't got someone to actually collect the car, hence why it is still sitting there...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I did do a Vic Rego check
And it’s been cancelled

The rego is
VIC - SGF375

Vic roads does report the car/plates if stolen
Ah...

When i checked my rego, there was no heading listed for the stolen status, so it seems to pop up only if the car is actually reported stolen.
I'd have preferred if the web site returned either
  • Stolen Status: This vehicle has not been reported as stolen.
    or
  • Stolen status: This vehicle has been reported as stolen. Contact Victoria Police.
It's much more definitive that dropping the heading from the report and may avoid uncertainties and confusion. But what can one expect from a government authority that's been privatised :rolleyes:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ah...

When i checked my rego, there was no heading listed for the stolen status, so it seems to pop up only if the car is actually reported stolen.
I'd have preferred if the web site returned either
  • Stolen Status: This vehicle has not been reported as stolen.
    or
  • Stolen status: This vehicle has been reported as stolen. Contact Victoria Police.
It's much more definitive that dropping the heading from the report and may avoid uncertainties and confusion. But what can one expect from a government authority that's been privatised :rolleyes:

Checking rego status in S.A, it has the status of defected, stolen or written off and to check with the rego authorities to find out what the problem is...Otherwise it doesn't actually state it....So it makes it easy to find out quickly the status of the car, rather than fluffing round

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Makes me wonder whether the cops picked up the driver and have taken him for a holiday and the driver hasn't got someone to actually collect the car, hence why it is still sitting there...
That's what we thought too,
but its been sitting there [in a side street] for over 3 weeks now.
Its a matter of time, and it will be stripped I am guessing,
It in good condition too, love to find out the owner and take it off his hands,
Looks VERY original.