Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible Stolen Statesman

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I don’t think stolen property or a stolen car is a high priority for police. I suspect that they are under resourced so they mostly focus on crimes against persons rather than crimes against property.

I could cynically speculate that if property is insured, then the view might be that there is no real loss (other than an insurance excess and some inconvenience), so no real need allocate resources to property theft.

I recall visiting one police station after a stolen car was recovered. I was a bit taken back that the vending machines in the foyer of the police station were fortified with external cages (like those on some train stations). Hell, if the police can’t stop theft from a vending machine literally in their own foyer, what can they do.

Insurance companies and local councils seem to be more interested, so maybe (@krusing ) ring the local council and/or your insurance company (who might be able to report it to the owner’s insurance company)?

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
So true,
The police are occupied with other things,

The reason for the post,
If it was stolen, and not reported to the police,
And they posted it was stolen on here,
At least someone may have found it found them, and they can recover it.

Normally if the driver is pulled over with canceled/stolen plates,
The Police usually remove them for obvious reasons,
But the plates are still attached to the said vehicle.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think if it is reported to the council, the council will pick it up and contact the last registered owner for collection.

So something else to consider with it