Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible things causing SRS Fault?

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hello,

Ok so let me explain what happened first. I was swapping steering wheels and broke the clock spring (dumb) Then of course when i turn the car on it set off the srs light. Since then i have replaced the clock spring and i know its working as the horn and audio controls are working perfect where as before nothing worked! I then went to get the srs light reset with a scan tool from my local mechanic but he said that it keeps reseting. Is it possible to have audio controls and horn but no airbag running through the single clock spring? I would think if its broken in one area the whole lot would go? To top it off they said 500 to fix it! get stuffed! Clock springs go for $20 bucks on ebay.

My question is is there anything else i could have done to set off the light playing with the wheel?

Also what other things could set off the light? I know there are seat belt pretensioners and i plan to check them next. But is there something else i am missing?

Cheers

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
did they tell you what the fault was?

could be coincidence, or maybe you shorted something out which may have spiked the srs module?

lil more infor needed

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Thats just it mate the only thing they said is wrong is the clock spring! no way that should cost $500!

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
The scantool in question should work for you.
Email vender to be sure.
It's the same brand as the one I use.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
all the ones Ive played with tell you whats causing the fault (I cant view the ebay link at work).

If its not perhaps you need to find someone whose machine is capable of reading the fault codes because it will tell you spot on whats caused the SRS fault

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Torq do you mean it will say the fault is in a certain airbag? eg steering wheel or seat belt pretensioner?