Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible to autolock doors?

Warpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Well I'm completely lost since my car has all kinds of odd anomalies going on with the electronics including some kinda surveillance switch on the roof that kills all lights in the car inc dash and fuel gauge. I get no beeps when I unlock the car either and sometimes it doesn't even flash the indicators?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
ex cop car?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Well I'm completely lost since my car has all kinds of odd anomalies going on with the electronics including some kinda surveillance switch on the roof that kills all lights in the car inc dash and fuel gauge. I get no beeps when I unlock the car either and sometimes it doesn't even flash the indicators?

Thats how ^^^

Warpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
yep - Ricey was talking about it in another thread - apparently called "stealth mode". That's just cool!

That makes sense now, it cuts all lights to the dash, doors and interior. I spoke with Holden and they told me it is just that, a surveillance button.

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
key to accessories, then select 'option' on dash menu (cant get into this menu if car is on). under 'security' there's a few options. I have mine set so the car locks and unlocks according to gear..... D for lock, P for unlock. Only thing you need to remember is when you are picking up someone and still in D, you can manually unlock doors by little button on center console. Great feature imo.... same with 2 stage unlock. Mrs finds it safer sitting at lights with car locked, and getting in car at night in public car park being able to only unlock 1 door is good too.
Does the holden vx/vu have this option as my VY used to have this option

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
yep - Ricey was talking about it in another thread - apparently called "stealth mode". That's just cool!
You have the same mode on any VE, I think you need to press the dashboard light dimming buttons at the same time or something. They only difference is you don’t have the physical button for it.

Other differences are LSD diff, beefier alternator (and battery) and reading lights on the base model.

If you look in the wheel arch next to the battery you might as well find a RedArc device that was used when it had the dual battery setup. Mine still had it but depending on who reverts the car back to “stock” you might not have it.

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
You have the same mode on any VE, I think you need to press the dashboard light dimming buttons at the same time or something. They only difference is you don’t have the physical button for it.

Other differences are LSD diff, beefier alternator (and battery) and reading lights on the base model.

If you look in the wheel arch next to the battery you might as well find a RedArc device that was used when it had the dual battery setup. Mine still had it but depending on who reverts the car back to “stock” you might not have it.

Wht do u mean by that? Ive dimmed it and it doesn't seem to be doing anything its a series 2 VU UTE V6