Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possibly a cracked manifold???

top line

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan V6 3.800
Hi All my vn Series 1 engine is making what sounds like a loud vibrating sound, plus sounds like there could be a hole, from underneath in front of the y section where it leads into the manifold possibly. I've recently replaced my rear engine mount and this has from the looks of it pushed my y section of my exhaust system up against the floor creating vibrations especially when I've got my foot on the brakes at a red light.

I'm due to change the front engine mounts but Have had little time to do so due to work. What I'm wanting to know is should I just get a replacement manifold with gasket and y section (which is not cheap, for a series 1 engine) and take the old one off or should I get the front engine mounts replaced and then see if only the manifold gaskets need replacing?

Any ideas anyone would have would be a massive help.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Others on here will know more but i think they just bolt on the cast manifolds from the Vn11-Vp as the S-1 manifolds split/crack.They are cheap at a wrecker(cheaper privately on GT and the like) and will last forever.May have to use Vn11-VP pipes,i forget,its over 20 years since i did one,but a simple job.

Last edited: