Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post Pics of ur VY painted Engine Cover

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
hey sickvy could you take a pic but get the front of your car in aswell, ive got a red ute, just wanna see what it looks like from back a bit. Thanks

S

sickvy

Hope These photos help you. Colour of car is berry Red. Paint that was used was K&H Red Hot High Temp which you can pick up at autobarn for about $15 a can. Don't forget to prim the plastic before you paint it. :yarr:

Attachments

• Image00222285454564.jpg
    Image00222285454564.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4,587
  • Image0011112854854854.jpg
    Image0011112854854854.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,143

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
sickvy, that looks lyk a real nice exhaust tip:D
Is that a full echaust system? how much did it cost?

S

sickvy

At the moment its only a redback catback system. The noise it makes sounds sweet as. Didn't know 6 cyls could sound this great. For catback I paid 400 fitted with a tip. I also have a set of HM extractors im looking at to go onto it. Wants $500. Not putting Hi flow cats on it. Been told from various sources that the Standard cats are just as good and your only wasting money if you just want street performance. Don't no if thats true but everyone has their own opinions. :thumbsup:

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
nice rims, and i like the colour of your car i've never seen it b4, thanks for taking the extra photos, i think i will now go ahead and do it...
Thanks

V

VT1968

here is my V6 engine cover, has been anodised in burgundy,this great product is available for $18 a can at most major car accessory outlets...
P1000013.jpg

V

VY Equipe

nice engine bay, i love a good looking donk. Nice work mate, im planning to do mine but can not work out which colour. The car is vespers mica (dark blue) and not sure if the red colour would work or not

RichardW

Reaction score
I havent really had a poke around the engine cover that much. How hard is it to take the cover off to paint it? What is left exposed when you do?