Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post Pictures of your VN/VP here.

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Here are some pics of my 1989 VN Wagon

Attachments

• 000_0126.jpg
    000_0126.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 000_0127.jpg
    000_0127.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 000_0129.JPG
    000_0129.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 000_0131.JPG
    000_0131.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 000_0130.jpg
    000_0130.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 148

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
My $380 Calais

Sold yesterday for $1000.Driven straight to Adelaide as is.**** i wasnt game to drive it to the end of the street with out a new balancer.

workedvq355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq355stroker
hi huys new here i have a vq 355 stroker and i will be listing me pics soon here anyway i have had the motor rebuilt a month ago and got a gilmer drive setup on it and replaced the water pump and radiator and therostat and i need to know whats best to use for cooling the radiator down and motor i had a factory clutch fan on it but failed on me and broke i have now got a new 16 inch thermo fan and was wondering is thermo better thank clutch to use as i have got the thermo fan ready to fit and the clutch fan runs constant when u drive so if i did the thermo the same way it turns on when starts and turns off when car off be same way and have more room in the engine bay i can do the wiring up but i need info on whats best thanks hope this ok?!!do i leave me new thermostat in or remove it and leave out and use the thermo fan ?will send pics of the car soon ex baycity holden worker not mech side !!! SEE ME VQ STATO WORKED AND COMMENT BE GR8 NEW HERE HAVE A LOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Wow mate, using punctuation and slowing down a bit when you're typing makes it a lot easier for people to read your posts...

observe:

Hi guys, new here, I have a VQ 355 stroker and I will be posting up some pics soon. I had the motor rebuilt a month ago and got a Gilmer drive setup on it, replaced the water pump, radiator and thermostat. I need to know what's best to use for cooling the radiator and motor down - I had a factory clutch fan on it but failed on me and broke - I have now got a new 16 inch thermo fan and was wondering whether it's bette than the clutch fan. I have got the thermo fan ready to fit. The clutch fan runs constantly when you drive, so should I wire the thermo the same way (running whenever the motor's running)? I'd have more room in the engine bay.. I can do the wiring up but I need info on which setup is best.

Thanks!!
Do I leave my new thermostat in or remove it altogether and just use the thermo fan?

I'll post pics of the car soon.

For the record, you'd be stupid to run the car with no thermostat. Your motor will run rich and waste a tonne of fuel, and it will be permanently too cold. Speak to an auto electrician about wiring up the fan to come on and off at appropriate temperatures, it's not difficult.

Sam

workedvq355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq355stroker
see me ride pics in me profile guys want comments on me vq stroker and any other mods i can do for it and whats best clutch fan or a 1 inch thermo as i need to put one back on but which ?and i will be getting the car resprayed in frankston victoria for $1200 bucks cheap!!ve ss white soon do more pics when done by end of month!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
see me ride pics in me profile guys want comments on me vq stroker and any other mods i can do for it and whats best clutch fan or a 1 inch thermo as i need to put one back on but which ?and i will be getting the car resprayed in frankston victoria for $1200 bucks cheap!!ve ss white soon do more pics when done by end of month!!

Um, your engine covers are on backwards. You downgraded yur dash, and you didn't learn anything about sentence construction

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
whats best clutch fan or a 1 inch thermo as i need to put one back on but which ?

I already answered that.

More precisely, 16 inch thermo will flow less than a properly working original clutch fan. HOWEVER, with your Gilmer drive, I'd recommend AU twin thermo fans wired up to the computer so they come on and off at appropriate temperatures. The AU fans will flow more than the clutch fan I believe.

Sorry you're not being received very well mate but your posts are incredibly difficult to read and you've made some silly decisions with that car.