Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post ur lowered pics and prices

Bobbit31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Sorry, I'm absolutely new to online forums. I'll try to make a new thread. Thanks.

Bobbit31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Got some answers on a new thread. Thanks for the advice. Will post some pics here when I finally drop the VS and learn what I'm doing.

calaivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais v6 3.8
ENV5 you got a nice ride mate love tha colour.

valakis_vx

The Juggernaught Bitch!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 M6
Front: ssl's, traded from mate for sl's, brob 100 bucks or so
Rear: airbagged, $1275, owner install
P8190827.jpg

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
Superlow King Springs, Monroe GT Sport shocks, Nolathane HD sway bar links, Pair of thinner lower spring seats to replace the thicker upper spring seats

sl370002.jpg

L

Leo.Bullterrier

Besides the look, is there any advantages to having the vehicle lowered.

uteaddict

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series 2 Utility
My step dad has a vu ute with lowered suspension but he lives out bush and he said he hated it so i swapped him my stock suspension. I think they are superlows in the front and just lows in the rear so i will probably get supers for the rear and order front and rear Monroe shortened shocks for $350 from work. Also need new strut top bearings but what can you say IT WAS FREE :)

Sorry just noticed that this is VR-VS thread....

photo17.jpg

L

Leo.Bullterrier

Besides the look, is there any advantages to having the vehicle lowered. 08.02.11

After some researching this morning I've decided to go with the Monroe GT Sports and a low spring, I live in the Qld bush but the roads are ok, although when I bought the VX Acllaim a year ago it had 17'' tyres which I swapped for a set of 15'' steelies and new tyres but when she's lowered I'll go with a set of 16'' VE steelies. 12.02.11

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leo.Bullterrier

Originally Posted by RedGoesFaster97VS
Im trying to figure out whats up with my car, i havent touched the suspension, so far this is what i have been told about the car, it has possibly superlows on front they are just a black spring, higher than stock on back.... the back are kings springs but no idea what type, it has a adjustable pan hard rod and pedders comfort gas shocks......have a look what do you think???

my dad seems to think that the front is stock and the back is higher than normal and if was just to lower the back the front would come up - but im hoping he was just to wasted when he said that..

My VX is the same and is also rough but Pedders said its beacuase there worn, when I start the vehicle and release the handbrake mine feels as if the rear sits down so I'm wondering if this is the self leveling that some of the vX had fitted.
I want to fit Monroe GT Sports and low springs so to be 25-30mm lower than standard which is still usable if towing a light box trailer although I could fit lowered rear air assisted shocks for towing so no saggy bum look.