Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post VF, what do you drive?

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
Interesting thread, and really interesting the responses.

For my money, I'm in the new to Holden camp with my SSV (early) VF W310 Ute. I'd actually decided to sell it, and was going to go with practical modern snotbox plus a 1959 El Camino. I got as far as buying the snotbox, but then on Tuesday I put a deposit down on a February build R8 Maloo with a bit of (currently embargoed) extra farkleage. How long will I keep it - dunno. I tend to change cars a lot, but the ute body with big V8 is going to be hard to replace for a mountain biker with no kids to worry about, and it's not like anyone is going to build anything similar to replace it. V8 Colorado? Please. I wouldn't even drive a V8 Ranger, and it's a better base to start with.

My partner has a 2016 Mustang, and other than being a bit quiet she loves it - I think (hope) that a bit more noise (or the Ford Racing 2+ kit even) for that will see it around for a while as it's a nice car to have access to while I'm changing my mind like my underwear.

I'm also seriously thinking of putting the deposit down for a Tesla Model 3. It's as un-V8 as you can get, but it sounds like it will go OK, and I love the whole touchscreen dash thing they have going on. That would be an "as well as" rather than an "instead of" my fun car though.

I'm literally amazed that people are saying they'd go with the Insignia. I have no idea what they are like now (because there's more important things to capture my imagination, like how paint minutely changes shade as it dries for example), but when the first one launched I was still in the UK and they were a laughing stock. Quite a lot of them remained in stock as well as I recall. I guess they could be better now. But I don't care to find out.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I waiting to see what the new Kia GT sedan is going to be like but buy the time I can afford to buy a new car FCA might have made up their mind whether they are bringing out the Challenger and Charger.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I waiting to see what the new Kia GT sedan is going to be like but buy the time I can afford to buy a new car FCA might have made up their mind whether they are bringing out the Challenger and Charger.
I'm pretty sure they're planning on the 4dr one, whichever that one is (probably Charger because they're WRONG and a Charger is supposed to be a 2dr), for 2017. Are they any better than the 300 though? The 300 is supposed to be a little archaic compared to a VF; archaic with a great engine. :)