Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post your alloytec 1/4mile times

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
mates SVZ ute ran 15.3 stock 190kw one b4 he did the Pacemakers highflow cats, growler kit and a maf tune which made it 202 hp at the wheels the guy said it should run around 220ish on a good day he hasnt run it yet with all this stuff done so this weekend where going out to the drags. thats with stock diff gears which he has 3:45 to go in as well. so hopen for under 15

i was abit ****ed lol coz i ran at the same time as him a 15.4 i had him all the way untill the last bit :( lol thats un my stock 5L stato

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
ok 14.9@94mph with 2.89 diff gears

what times do yous reckon 3.46 diff gears would bring?
do yous think i would hit the elusive 100mph?

Most certainly not :)
With the gears your mph will drop if anything, you will cut a faster time but it wont be on the top end, unless it happens to land the shift in a much better part of the power curve. No chance to gain more than 1mph on gears tho and most likely loose 1. 4 mph is HUGE, you will need to increase your power alot or drop the weight alot to see that kind of mph from a Alloytec.

I've seen one VZ SV6 at the drags and it runs times quicker than a stock VN V6 but slower than a stock VN 5 litre, that's the kind of range they do stock (that was a manual), you would need to make a big head start off the line in the VN tho because the VZ would be comming at it pretty good near the end of a 1/4 mile

Edit: but I will add in the defence of the age old theory than VN V6's are still the quickest V6, that a well driven manual VN would be quicker than a well driven manual VZ in my opinion (both in good condition)

Last edited:

vzute2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6L M6 Alloytec Commodore Ute
I ran mid 15's with a twin 2.5" system, haven't run since i put the headers, high flow cats and k&n filter, be nice to see the difference

gilesy

ve commy
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 commodore
not to sure what mine does got no where to really do it in kal no more unless you go to perth