Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pow3rslave's sv enhanced VP

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Has this thing been to the track or Gtech? interested in what it would pull

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
just outta curiousity mate, how much head work n cam cost ya?.. thinking whether its worth gettin the same sorta deal for mine considering new p plate laws, pm me if you can dude.. cheers

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i cant believe i havent seen this thread b4, very sexy vp man and its is clean as too

cheers man, it's undergoing a bit of a restoration atm, nothing major just a respray of the front lip and doing the front calipers, also when i get round to it the welch plugs

oh no ****!!! i walked passed your car the other day outside (what im guessing is) your house.. very very shmick mate!! wheels suit it nicely too. may have to go for a cruise one day (when i get my licence) lol
cheers man, i don't think it was mine you went past cos it's garaged with no wheels on it atm :D
keen to hear if there are any others round like mine, closest i seen was xlr8's old one but it got knicked. hopefully i'll have her back on the road soon, nothing major needed, just no time.

Has this thing been to the track or Gtech? interested in what it would pull
when i get the 3.9's and lsd in it i'm going to take it for a time slip. i suspect that the sluggishness i've felt until now isn't totally jsut cam related, it might be bogging down and need a firm up in the ass, but i'll see. hope not cos i know f*** all about ass end.

just outta curiousity mate, how much head work n cam cost ya?.. thinking whether its worth gettin the same sorta deal for mine considering new p plate laws, pm me if you can dude.. cheers

the cam was 280, which was for me to supply a cam from a wreckers to be reground and flame hardened. at the time i'd heard that they could have problems with a regrind but it's survived fine so far.
installation was a bit of a hassle, had to get new pushrods, heavier duty lifter springs, rollermaster chain.

heads i bought off a bloke on ebay, in hindsight i paid way to much for them but at the time i was like you on my p's and couldn't go a v8

not saying headwork is a bad idea, but i'd check out getting them ground yourself. also high ratio rockers might be an easier diy mod than a cam.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
wade 992a cam is the highest Wade cam you can get off the stock one when its regrounded, i tried to get a 1114a cam reground but they cant do it, got a quote for $700, regrind on a wade 992a is about $220-$240 well in Mildura anyway, good lil mod for a buick heads and cam work then get a Foam chip and you gain 30-40rwkw, could get away with it all for under 1G easy, if done by yourself.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
ok, major update time.
a while ago i got these but never put them in
3.9's
39s.jpg

as well as a LSD to go with them.

more importantly, scored a VS SS engine and T5 box as well as a bunch of other goodies.
some of the haul
IMG_0502.jpg

the main event
IMG_0505.jpg

in that shot you can also the 1" master cylinder and booster i got to go in with the new setup.

once i've done the transplant then i'll sell whatever i don't need.
right now it's looking like i'll have a clutch fan and an IRS lukey 2.5 system
IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

it came off the VS SS ute, not sure what it'll fit.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
started cleaning some bits up before the install, so far i've just been preping the alternator and PS mounts for a coat of aluminium paint.
started on polishing up the bananas, so far i've onlydone the first, and part of the 2nd.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
just finished off the dremelling bit just now. still have to get the fine fitting and do the spaces, then it's autosol time.

here's the front 6 done. I kept thinking, if this was a v6 i'd be done by now :D
IMG_0003.jpg

here they are all finished (mostly)
IMG_0016.jpg

dunno if it shows but the 2nd banana from the right, i autosoled it before taking those shots. came up pretty good, but i think i need to go over the lot of them with a finer paper.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yeah gonna have another go over them when i get a new sanding wheel for the dremel.
you can see how i started on the right hand side and the further back i got the less sanding ability of the wheels.