Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Chip

harvs01

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6, with 19' VY Maloo Mags
hey guys,
just wanting to know how power chips works and where they connect to,
and what sort of power gain do u get

W

Wonderboy

its a plug-in memcal that sits in the computer, its like a chip. you can order one off the net but it works on a changeover deal. you give them your old one and they give you a newy. it changes your injector duration, advance curve, amount of fuel delivery, air/fuel ratio, how rich/lean to run at what temperature. etc. i had a powerchip gold98 in my vp and it gave me a 15kw increase and when i wasnt thrashing it, it decreased my fuel consumption.

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
do they jsut plug in or do they need to be preogrammed

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it needs to be programmed to suit your car then just plug it in, away you go

Rob

W

Wonderboy

yeah its best to program the memcal to suit your car. a powerchip brand memcal is good for a stock car. but when u start changing exhausts, throttle bodies, induction system, cam, rolller rockers etc. etc. the chip must be programmed to suit.

usually when you buy a cam it will come with a memcal to suit it.

VS97II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive II
Power Chips

Hi guys I'm also looking at getting the PowerGold98 Chip for my VS Commodore. Have got a couple of questions though...

Should I get the standard one made for the stock VS or one that would suit the setup of my car? I have extractors/exhaust and CAI & k&n panel filter.

If so, how would I go about getting the chip re-programmed/modified so that it would suit my current setup?

I have seen them on the net on the Powerchip website, I'm not sure if this company have specifically dealers that will install them for you. Does anyone know?

Thanking you all in advance

C

cqcfighter

id like to know more about chips too. how do u get one made for your car? rough cost? would anyone recommend someone in melbourne?

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
can u get the for stock cars and whould it do anything

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
a chip you get for any set-up of car, however when you order it you must quote what you have ie auto/manual zorst xtractors etc etc list all your mods and that way you will have one best suited to your car. the only problem with "off the shelf" chips is your car may be slightly different to someone who has exactly the same setup as you and it might work better for your mate then you this is why the best option is to take it somewhere and use the delco system already in your car to do a custom tune except this will cost over $300. But whether it's stock or worked they will give you a boost. ie hsv 255-300 range ss 225-245 range falcon 4l 154(i think)-182 the ecoteh i think gained a few ponies too from model to model as did the buick 3.8l. They were all chip work.

Jarod

P.S i was gunna ask for the website but found it myself, for those wondering go to www.powerchip.com.au and that gives your the redirect.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
If you want more info on a chip for your car pm me
i can get as good as or better than powerchip brand output
much cheaper too

Rob