Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power drain

blackvxss350

vx ss ls1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hey guys and girls can i run a cable from my alternator to my battery to keep it charged as the original wont keep the battery charged there's a problem some where in it but should i keep the original in place or remove it its in a 2002 vx ss commodore ls1 im missing driving it so i need to get it going [/B][/B]
please help im so over a 4 pot magna ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hmmm:

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
unless if something has been damaged, i would doubt your issue is the factory cabling. would be a good idea to take the car to a shop with a midtronics and get them to test the battery & alternator. if the battery is down on CCA it will give you the illusion that the battery isn't holding charge or the alternator is faulty.

blackvxss350

vx ss ls1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
the other alternator had a fault in it fried the power cable to it so i taped it up

blackvxss350

vx ss ls1
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
but its done nothing to help the problem i need to replace the battery loom to the alternator im only asking to be able to drive my car till fixed again

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Makes more sense. I think you'll have to get under the car and trace where the wire goes. make sure its direct from alternator to battery, if it is just buy some 2B&S or 4gauge wire and rewire it & fuse it near the battery. good luck with it