Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power/ economy mode.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
ive noticed the stato shifts a lot harder in power also

when it kicks into second you get launched

C

charged6_vsacclaim

i heard the power button just gives u an extra half a gear sort of thing to help u up hills when u are towing

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
nah not really. As stated already, it just keeps it in gear for longer, and is more wiling to drop back when you give it more eg. when you put the boot in going up a hill with a trailer

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Yeh, I would agree with that after towing a trailer up and down hills for over 350km today. I use the power button for overtaking and up the steep hills. :yeah:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i seem to save more petrol when i chuck my vt on power on the freeway dont ask my why and the vs dosent seem to make much of a difference when you put the power button on you can feel it changes differently but not really for the better hope my tranny isnt stuffed getting a service done on it soon its a little rough when you slow down to take a corner then speed up it jerks slightly into gear when it goes up but if you take off normally its fine............bleh bloody autos i want a MANUAL again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
VR Calais V6 - power just seems to hold the gears longer. Interestingly, fuel economy around town seems the same in either mode. The aircon is colder in power mode in slow traffic cos the poor ol compressor must be a little tired - more revs=more pressure... nice on a hot day

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
I had to go and check mine out. In power or economy if i floor it the shift points are all at the same RPM. the only difference i can see is if i take off normally (sorta) it goes into 4th earlier in economy. eg in economy it goes to 4th about 60 and in power she's still in third at 60..
if that make sense to anyone.....
cant wait for a shift kit though.
VS v6 auto