Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power issues

redls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss ls1
Hey guys I own a 2001 vx ss auto.
I have recently started to notice that when I start driving (ussualy about 10 metres)
Tje car seems to want to loose power feels like a jolting motion. But only happens once.
I always let my car warm up properly befofe driving.
Anyone know what this might be. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
David.

redls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss ls1
Will have to check the fault codes. Just thought id ask if anyone else has had the same issue.

redls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss ls1
is there a way to check the fault codes without a scan tool? as its a gen 3. ???

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Hey guys I own a 2001 vx ss auto.
I have recently started to notice that when I start driving (ussualy about 10 metres)
Tje car seems to want to loose power feels like a jolting motion. But only happens once.
I always let my car warm up properly befofe driving.
Anyone know what this might be. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
David.

Oddly enough the same thing happened to me yesterday for the first time in my VT, Car is at the mechanics at the moment for that and some other things so if the mechanic can pin point it i'll let you know mate. Wasn't sure if maybe I hadn't let the car warm up for long enough? Will keep you updated but if anyone else knows the reason feel free to fill me in as I'd love to save some $$ at the mechanics lol.

J

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Just a thought but give the warming up procedure a miss and just drive it gently until it is up to temp, maybe a spark plug is partially fouling due to idling on a rich mixture for a long period, worth a try to see if it is any different. Modern cars don't need to be warmed up and it is in fact detrimental and not advised these days. I just start my VX SS pop my belt on etc and drive off, but I do drive it gently and keep the revs down until it is up to temp.

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
That's how I drive mine too though, but thought about warming it up to see if it made a change. Seems to be an intermittent problem which is why it gives me the shits! lol

redls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss ls1
freshjivin: it would be great to know what your mech says as im in the process of finding a new mech atm.
i usually do let my car warm up so i might give it a miss tonight before work.
it actually got really bad today, it kept on going everytime i put my foot on the accelerator (jolting motion). almost hit a bloody truck because i was focused on it.
im starting to think it might be the plugs. so i might pull them out and have a look at them tomorow or something. will let use know though.
thanks so far will keep use posted.