Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power issues

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Sounds like a similar problem to my VX Berlina (which is why I joined today). Mine is a V8 and has an intermittent issue of sluggishness down low. I pull out of the driveway and its jolting as other members suggested but once I get to a certain speed its fine to the extent I can give it some and it goes like normal. I initially thought it was a missfire but then realised it should affect the whole range not just down low. My check engine light comes on randomly and has since having extractors/high flows etc installed so thought it could be Oxy sensor or coil pack related but never had this issue so I gather it wasn't those.

I have just changed oil, plugs had the injectors professionally cleaned today, new fuel filter done but my wife called saying it's still doing it. Interestingly, I had a new radiator put in not so long ago so maybe I'll check the clips around the engine and check similar to redls1 has done and see if I can see anything. Failing that time for a diagnostic scan. Holden want $150 for it. Does anyone in Sydney (Revesby area) know if anyone else does them for a better price?
Len Voss Automatics checked my codes for $20. It might be worth the 20 minute trip to Leumeah to save $130. Give them a call first (02) 4625 0720

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
"could" be the abs module, talked to my brother in law today and he said its hard to determine what would be causing it because the abs module doesnt throw fault codes, and the only way of knowing if the module is stuffed is if theres no signal when the tech 2 is hooked up. but most of the time its working ok.

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
I replaced my abs module due to faults but never had stalling/jumping issue when driving. Just dash lights came on. Maybe not abs module? as expensive to change.