Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Mods

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
The reasn its there is to provide a smother idle, If you want more power then you need more air geting in your engine, the bell mouth is just stopping the extra horses.

after you take it out all you have to do is release some tenchen off of the throtol cable witch will bring the smoth idle

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yes more air in engine does make you go faster, have you seen how much smaller the space for the air to enter the inlet manifold is with a bell mouth? I have an issue of Street commodores where they proved it to.

street commodores proved that it 'looks' like a restriction. however they did not prove the power gained by removing it. 7 out of 10 people say that they did not notice anything by removing it, except for a worse idle. for the 3 out of 10 people who say it worked, it's more likely that it's a placebo than anything else.

but there is no harm in removing it, you can always put it back in, so if you do it and you think it makes a difference, then i guess that's all that really matters anyway :)

Last edited:

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
yes more air in engine does make you go faster, have you seen how much smaller the space for the air to enter the inlet manifold is with a bell mouth? I have an issue of Street commodores where they proved it to.

Yes i have seen it Because I have done it. I do have have issue of that street commodores,but just because they say so does'nt make it so.I will still stick to my guns,but each to there own and its not my car.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
Yes i have seen it Because I have done it. I do have have issue of that street commodores,but just because they say so does'nt make it so.I will still stick to my guns,but each to there own and its not my car.

all removing it dose is lean out 2 cylinders and over fuel the mixture for the other two at the opposite end no true power gain just placebo effect

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
all removing it dose is lean out 2 cylinders and over fuel the mixture for the other two at the opposite end no true power gain just placebo effect

quoted for truth. my car felt so much worse without the bellmouth so i put it back in the next day

tomo955

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk sadan vr sadan and wagon
dont pull out bellmouth its there for a reason it creates air flow to the 2 rear cylinders, my little trick cut the bellmouth on a 45 degree angle :)

take your Bellmouth off that is located behind the throtly body... do you know how to take the throtly body off?

but buying stuff can be cheep:
1: K&N air filter should give about 5 to 10 hp cost between $10 to $25
2: good coolent $5 to $25 will keep the engine cool witch will make better proformence

or if you want a maxum proformence car buy a vu ss ute with a 6 speed should cost around $20,000 to $30,000