Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Sockets

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
Is it just me or is it odd that this model of car only has one 12 power socket. It doesn't even have one in the rear.

Does anyone know how I can get 12v from the boot area when Accessories is switched on with the ignition ? I want to be able to have it automatically switch off when the key is off/removed.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Agree!

I would be surprised if the optional boot 12V power outlet was live all the time, but can not prove it either way.

I had the same concerns when I bought my MY09 SV6. To fix it, I bought the front and rear smokers pack from Holden (just over $100 from memory). That gives three outlets, and well distributed as well. The kit comes with good instructions and is not hard to fit. My only trouble was releasing the front wiring loom from its catch when I did not know how it operated.

I took them out when I traded up to an MY11 SV6 earlier this month, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they slotted straight in to the new model.

Remember that the Series II also includes a USB connection in the centre console to increase options.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I think the optional boot 12v outlet is always live but that is a simple fix with a relay :)

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
The boot one is allways live... Holden even told me that it wasent until i pulled the manual out on them

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I installed the optional socket in the boot myself. Comes with a connection that simply plugs into a socket inside the rear trim and you are good to guy. Couple other little bits to add but really easy. I think I paid $20 for the part. Saved heaps on what Holden wanted for supply and fit

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I have the optional plug in the boot, and yes its live all the time. I leave my Holden fridge in there when the car is off and it has never flattened the battery, all though from what I understand, the fridge leaves enough power in the battery to start the motor.

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
I've searched under the trim, I can't find the plug point in any wiring where I could install the 12v socket. Can anyone give me a heads up as to where it is? I thought it might be on the side close to the battery, but just couldn't seem to find it. If there is no actual plug, can anyone guide me on which wires are the best to jump off?

Thx, Dave
(SV6 Series 2 Sedan MY11)