Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power source for radar detector

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Lol why is it always the bog stockers killing it for everyone else

skot40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Thanks for your views on what I should and should not be installing, as well as how I should be driving, and your concern for my fuel economy...... hope you are voicing your same concerns to all performance enhancing threads on here?

Thanks for the straight answers for those that have offered them. Detectors are legal in NZ, but have heard the cops here get pretty pissy about jammers, besides they are bloody pricey over here!

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
just buy a radar detector detector jammer, all set!!

but seriously, id just run the extra wire down to the smokers pack plug behind the radio on drivers side. if you pull the a pillar trim off, from memory theres already wires that run down it, just follow them, and you wont have any airbag troubles

Thats how I did mine. And radar detectors are legal in WA. Mine is a GPS harzard warning, detects road works , ambulance etc. Good for multinovers and I can mark fixed red light and speed cameras. Its great to remind you of school zones. All cars should have them they are a great safety feature.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Just run it down the pillars. There are no airbag devices, wiring etc behind them.

The curtain drops from the roof and the gas canister is in the rear pillar.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Fit a Radar detector, no worries mate go for it. Your choice, your licence, your money. Gee it's great to live in a country with 'freedom of choice' !!! :yahoo:

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Not in SA you dont, no freedom there. If you had freedom of choice you would be able to run a radar detector if you wanted.