Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power steering - common prob?

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
Also have the same leak with mine...found it on sunday
I havnt noticed any sorta squeak with mine but just wondering when you guys normally hear it? Is it whenever your turning or only at full lock or just when idling?

mine squeeks at the slightest touch,startd off sqking just a tiny bit of turn now as long as ur strng it squeeks,real embarrasìng.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
mine squeeks at the slightest touch,startd off sqking just a tiny bit of turn now as long as ur strng it squeeks,real embarrasìng.

well its an easy fix if you dont wanna go dealer,

here is the fix:

1. under the front bumper on the right hand side the is two short rubber hoses,
2. grab a flat bladed screw driver and tighten the 4 clamps,
3. also check the rest of the power steer lines ( more common with those two tho)
4. in a vz pull up the left hand side engine cover to reveal the power steer resivour
5. top up power steer fluid with power steer fluid or dexron 111 trans fluid (its the same stuff) the red fluid
6. if the power steer is basically empty, start the engine and turn wheels lock to lock for about 30 seconds at a medium pace
7. top up fluids again

and all done

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
well its an easy fix if you dont wanna go dealer,

here is the fix:

1. under the front bumper on the right hand side the is two short rubber hoses,
2. grab a flat bladed screw driver and tighten the 4 clamps,
3. also check the rest of the power steer lines ( more common with those two tho)
4. in a vz pull up the left hand side engine cover to reveal the power steer resivour
5. top up power steer fluid with power steer fluid or dexron 111 trans fluid (its the same stuff) the red fluid
6. if the power steer is basically empty, start the engine and turn wheels lock to lock for about 30 seconds at a medium pace
7. top up fluids again

and all done
Ill giv it a try on the wkend.hope its the prob tho.thanks for that andy:)