Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power steering pump ticking noise l98

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
gday, ive finally gotten around to getting the belt off the ve berlina, and it was supperrr tight, i had some problems with the tensioner, and it had no movement because the belt was so tight, but i just got it off. and i spun everything over and shaked everything, and the power steering pulley has some float in it, i saw a post on here before saying that all power steering pulleys have some end float, so not too sure. we started it with the belt off and the noise is gone, everything feels fine except the power steering pulley. just want to see what everyone else reckons.
cheers

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
dont mind the noise, but we put the belt back on just to see how it sounds, and now it sounds like this. it sounds like its rubbing on a bolt or metal, or the bearing is just cooked, but before it was just a tapping sound. when we start the car without the belt, it sounds perfectly fine, but yeah. thinking it might be best to replace the power steering pump, but dont want to jump to conclusions.