Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power train issue

Samanthacoyles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Hey guys,
I purchased a vz Ute about 4 months ago, running perfect no rattles or noises, sounds smooth (as far as I can tell with little knowledge of cars lol) recently my radio has been cutting in and out maybe once or twice a week? And two nights ago the “check power train” error has appeared, car is still running exactly the same not sluggish or making any noticeable noises Or driving any differently. I took it down to super cheap who Ran some test for me showing a few error codes being
P1678 incorrect identification received
P0568 malfunction
B3924 incorrect identification received
U2105 communication error

Does anyone have any ideas before I get massively ripped off ? :p

Attachments

• C5889924-82D6-44F0-98F1-974C94C8B50A.jpeg
    C5889924-82D6-44F0-98F1-974C94C8B50A.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 288

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You could try a hard reset first. Disconnect the battery and leave it for a while before reconnecting.

Does the car start ok? Fancy electronics can play up when the voltages aren't right, could be a tired battery or alternator not keeping up.

Samanthacoyles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
You could try a hard reset first. Disconnect the battery and leave it for a while before reconnecting.

Does the car start ok? Fancy electronics can play up when the voltages aren't right, could be a tired battery or alternator not keeping up.

Thanks mate, I will disconnect the battery and try that !!

The car starts perfect, the battery is brand new I bought a new one when I got the Ute because the old was was on its last legs so the battery isn’t the issue I don’t think anyway I got it tested down at super cheap and they confirmed!

I did Boot it a liiiiittttlllleee too quick out of the servo and the road dropped a bit, it wasn’t anything too dramatic but I suppose it started turning off and turning back on a second later after that ? I’m not a hoon or anything haha so it wasn’t a massive smack but definitely heard it and thought ooops hahah

Samanthacoyles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz

The car starts perfect, the battery is brand new I bought a new one when I got the Ute because the old was was on its last legs so the battery isn’t the issue I don’t think anyway I got it tested down at super cheap and they confirmed!

I did Boot it a liiiiittttlllleee too quick out of the servo and the road dropped a bit, it wasn’t anything too dramatic but I suppose it started turning off and turning back on a second later after that ? I’m not a hoon or anything haha so it wasn’t a massive smack but definitely heard it and thought ooops hahah (I’m talking about the radio here not the error message I’m now getting)

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Radio going on and off could mean an earth problem.
You might need to disconnect the battery then undo earth wires to body and scratch/sand paper/clean up the body and connectors to get a better earth.
Make sure battery terminals and leads are cleaned also.

And this
I did Boot it a liiiiittttlllleee too quick out of the servo and the road dropped a bit, it wasn’t anything too dramatic but I suppose it started turning off and turning back on a second later after that ? I’m not a hoon or anything haha so it wasn’t a massive smack but definitely heard it and thought ooops hahah

could also indicate earth especially around the radiator support area.

Last edited:

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Could be a faulty key I was having check powertrain randomly show up but the car would also shut down and restart it’s self when this happened and it ended up being the key.. just a thaught....

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
How is OP going with t his?

Radio on/off after a bump makes me think loose electric contact. Maybe Earth contact as mentioned ^^.

Janet Joy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 2005

Hi Samantha I hit the kurb with my VZ and it has been playing up since. I am wondering what I could have done to it?

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Check the negative connection on the battery .one is still doing this same problem I just checked my bag con action and it was fairly loose

PokkettRokkett

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Commodore Wagon V6
Hi guys,i have an alloytech v6 wagon and i serviced it myself (just basic oil and filter change) but i came up short 1 litre of oil so when i trotted off to the store to get more i wasnt suprised when the check oil light came on. I was however suprised that after i topped up the oil i still had the 'check oil' light come on. The car had cooled down before i put 2nd lot of oil into it, and as i drove off i reckon i got about 7-8 km's down the street when 'boom' she starts running like a lemon and the check powertrain light came on the dash...
So i proceeded to jump out and pop the bonnet and checked the vital fluids, which i found the transmission fluid was real low. Hoping that was just the problem i got the appropriate crap, filled her up (yes i replaced tranny filter too!) and still no joy! She still running rough as guts, backfiring, bouncing around and that stupid 'check powertrain' light is still there... Im hoping somebody can please help me out with a couple ideas so i dont have to pay through the nose by going through the elimination process of trying to fix things that arent broken till i find what is actually broken...