Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Window BCM Bypass

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I dont see why you'd want to bypass the BCM, the BCM controls the auto down function, so the window switch doesnt have to be held in whilst the window goes all the way down. With the auto down function, once the switch is held for a second or two, you can let it go and the window will keep going all the way down, or until you "bump" the button to stop it before it fully opens....

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I dont see why you'd want to bypass the BCM, the BCM controls the auto down function, so the window switch doesnt have to be held in whilst the window goes all the way down. With the auto down function, once the switch is held for a second or two, you can let it go and the window will keep going all the way down, or until you "bump" the button to stop it before it fully opens....

I think it's because they have a LOW BCM that isn't compatible with power windows.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I think it's because they have a LOW BCM that isn't compatible with power windows.

Correct! If installing power windows into a vehicle with LOW BCM the drivers window will not operate corerctly. On a vehicle that has power windows as standard, you wouldn't do this.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I was wondering why he's wanting to bypaass the BCM, I didnt realise he was actually fitting them to a car with manual windows, makes more sense now.. If your fitting power windows to a non power windowed vehicle, you can use the power window module from a VN calais or berlina etc, and then you get the auto down feature etc, just like the factory setup.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
True that! Another one I use is the DEI 530T which is actually a window roll up module for alarms but also adds the functionality of auto up and auto down BOTH front windows.

You don't need an alarm to use it and/or can be tied in to the Holden keyless entry if desired.

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
I have a low 315 BCM from a vt and it has power windows. I fitted an exec v6 vt BCM from a manual window car and power windows still work

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I have a low 315 BCM from a vt and it has power windows. I fitted an exec v6 vt BCM from a manual window car and power windows still work

Do you have the auto down on the driver's window or do you have to keep your finger on the button?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I dont think thats right. The VT to VZ manual I have here says that 315 LOW BCM does not support power windows. Even back with the VR and VS models, the LOW BCM's have never supported power windows. You need either a MID, HI or LUX BCM for power windows. It doesnt look like this has changed. My VY acclaim wagon has front power windows and its got a MID level BCM.
It says
For VT series 1 you need 686 MID or higher for P/W's.
For VT series 2 you need 313 MID or higher for P/W's.
For VX series 1 you need 313 MID or higher for P/W's.
For VX series 2 you need 21 MID or higher for P/W's.
For VY series 1 and 2 you need 21 MID or higher BCM for P/W's.

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
Do you have the auto down on the driver's window or do you have to keep your finger on the button?

Still building my car so I don't know but all windows work with base BCM (from SS) and then I plugged in cruise module (with all other plugs) and didn't been try a patch harness and cruise activates...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Still building my car so I don't know but all windows work with base BCM (from SS) and then I plugged in cruise module (with all other plugs) and didn't been try a patch harness and cruise activates...

Think you will find you have no auto down....