Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

power windows?

butch123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu/vy maloo
my VU ute has manual windows but i want to put in power windows. i have got all the parts for free to put it in but i had a quick look inside my centre console today and i couldnt find the plug that the switches plug into. im just wondering if they are there well hidden away or will i have to run my own wiring to the centre console for the switches? i have heard that holden from factory run the wiring there regardless if they are power windows or not. is that true?...thanks for your help

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
maybe they didnt put the loom for non power window models in, i know they didnt on previous models

butch123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu/vy maloo
yeh, im hoping thats not true....

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
check in the fuse box and see if the wiring is there for the fuse and relays.

To do this look where the fuse and relays go there will be two pins for the fuse see if there are connectors on both sides of the fuse or just one side

do the same for the relays but there will be 4 pins not just the 2, i would be suprised if you dont have the wiring in the car i would believe it not being in the doors but i cant see it not being in the body loom.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Interesting my VT exec has all the looms ect in the console and kick panels 4 the doors 2 hook up power windows, the only thing its missing r the metal terminals in the fuse box 4 power windows. so mayb they didnt put them in the utes? but do check i wouldnt think they would bother doin that 2 an exec tho was a supprise 4 me lol.