Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Windows

Tony2

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone fitted power windows to a vs that didnt come out with them from the factory. I have a VS S. I have been told that my BCM dosnt support power windows. It also seems to be hard to find a private wrecker who I can buy the regulators off. A few comercial wreckers I rang wanted heaps for the parts. Once youve driven a car with power windows its hard to go back to manual ones

Tony

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
As I said before Tony I have done it but it isn't a simple job I put in a loom from a vn/p calais and had to modify it so it could work with my vr.
I'll try and draw out a diagram of how I did it and the wiring you need but you probably need a idea on how the system works and basic car wiring.
Basically the power window switches are supplied with a 12v feed from a circuit breaker in the fuse panel via a module ,and a negative and operation of the switches changes the polarity of the two wires feeding the motors thus their direction.
The module is responsible for the auto down function on the drivers door and the power feed being kept on for a certain time after you switch the key off.
I suppose you don't have to use a module if you can put up with the power going off straight away when you turn off the key.