Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powersteering Pump Diagram VR V8

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
Just wondering if anyone has a diagram of the Powersteering Pump on the 304's of the Internal parts, seals and O rings.
Mine is leaking at the pump on the shaft.

I plan to overhaul it myself and go from there.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can easily find the V6 type but not the V8 type

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride

This looks like the pump on the V8 but when I saved the image from a website it the Title of the Image says VS Statesman V6....Is it the same?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Check out the attached diagram. It's for a VT1 but the VS should be similar. I know that when the power steering pump in my wife's VS Clubsport was leaking, I didn't replace all the seals only the easy ones that didn't need special tools to disassemble any components. It's been working fine without leaks for the last 10 years.

Attachments

• VT1 V8 Power Steering Pump Diagram.jpg
    VT1 V8 Power Steering Pump Diagram.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 5,078

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that BlackVXGTS. I was actually waiting for your reply lol.
I have done one before but it was a VP V6 one back in 2006. All I remember was putting the Vanes in. Nothing Else. But if I've done it before then, I will do it again.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can pull the shaft out through the front without having to take the pulley off. The manual will say to remove the pulley, but it's on tight and requires a special puller to get it off. Then you can do the front seal if that is leaking.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just an update...done the job today and really didn't need to look at the diagram.
But had to look on the internet on how to remove the retainer ring. I learnt that there is a small hole on the side and you just stick in a pin punch to easily remove the retainer ring.
I followed NAAF's instructions because It was better to not remove the pulley from the shaft.
Only thing I have to do is clean the engine bay because powersteering fluid is soaked everywhere from the belt flicking the fluid.

Also I looked for the leak again and assumed it was at the shaft but it wasn't. It was internal seal most probably the housing seals.

Last edited:

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh by the way... I only spent $14 on a Seal Kit from eBay instead of paying for a changeover pump for $200. I already had ATF Fluid but say $12-$15 for fluid. So Roughly $30 compared to $200.
I even asked Autoparts Stores and the ones I rang didn't have the Seal Kits for the pumps. Only reason they don't sell the kit is so people have one option, to only do the changeover.