Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

practical boot install

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
DSC01049.jpg

Practical enough for you?

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Man that would have been like a bloody jigsaw puzzle by the looks of things haha!

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
The girlfriend loves tetris lol. Theres also two dogs and two cats in the cabin aswell

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'll post up mine in the next few days, my monoblock isn't mounted properly yet but you'll get the idea. Basically a dual 10" sub enclosure up against the rear of the back seats, firing toward the boot lid, 4 channel on the back of the box, tuning can be done through the cabin side of the ski hole, monoblock on the side of the boot. everything still accessible and tuning is still easy.

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
My monoblock is mounted upside down on the underside of the parcel shelf. I had to stick my head in to tune it but it only needed to be done once. It's very much out of the way and looks neat

DSC00114.jpg

cracker

Reaction score
thats how iv done mine, mounted under the parcel shelf, keeps it away from theft i guess... and less chance of being bashed about or taking up boot space

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
heres my basic set up altho not a VY but the boot space is practically the same and i only have the 1 sub but can easily fit 2 if i turn the amps vertically. I didnt wanna screw into the car at all but wanted the most space possible, even put in a piano hinge just infront of the sub so u can lift the lid and get the spare out. i can fit a mower, whipper snipper ect... in at the same time lol

Subwithnewsplits-1.jpg

Image002.jpg

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
i know this is an old thread but damn some of those set ups in the last post look sweet!
iv currently got a pretty hefty box, roughle 300x400x600 i think it is with two 12" 300W (continuous) Clarions runnning off two 55wrms response amps single port box and does alright but if popped a few fuses and half melted the fuse enclosure cos im running off 8guage i think with one 60Amp fuse...
so im thinkin about changing things up a bit.. maybe keeping both amps, selling subs and box and trying something new..
im not sure if its been done before or if it will evn work but does anyone know if this would work:
1 12" sub something 1000-3000W sub but mounting it in the middle section where the boot hole is in the back seats (VX commodore)
i was thinkin maybe even one of those Square Kicker subs cos ther pretty damn good. but to make sure i can still close the middle seat set it back a little bit on mdf or something solid.
so the boot will almost act as a box i guess... but im not sure how effective this will be or if it will evn work at all cos iv removed the 6X9 plates in my parcel shelf so compression will also be pretty minimized...
anyone got any ides?

cracker

Reaction score
running two "300watt" 12" subs off 55watts, rms is pretty bloody under powered...id be getting a two channel 2x250rms amp or something see how that goes at driving them, providing that the subs are capable of handle 250rms...

also what does continuous mean? rms?