Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Premium Pricing what's the go?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
How come Premium costs like 7 cents more than unleaded now when before it was like 3-4 cents? is it based on some markup like unleaded + some percent?. I think if the price of oil goes up then the difference in price between standard unleaded and premium should be getting less not more. Where's those price watchdog guys now when you need them?. BP Ultimate must be like $1.50 now, crazy

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the GO is money out the window..........i have given up with puttin premium in my car now... its crazy because i am in the country aswell so the price of ULP is already $1.47 and premium is $1.53 at mobil and bp.....

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I fill up with bp ultimate,and it is normally 10 cents a litre dearer than unleaded down here in melbourne. Years ago normal leaded petrol was 98 octane standard see how they a ripping us off now.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I can almost get my money back on the Premium because I get some more power with it and can go easier on the throttle cruising on the highway (makes almost an extra 5 km/h more speed at my default 100 km/h foot position :) ) but I can't justify it if it's more than a few cents dearer than unleaded, althought my car runs alot smoother on it and is nicer to drive, I'm going to start mixing my own fuel if it keeps going up like this :0, how much is a drum of ethanol worth?

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Coles Express pricing structure is:
LRP 4cents over ULP 95 octane
PULP 6cents over ULP 95 octane
OPTIMAX 8.8 over ULP 98 octane (not available in SA except for the odd exception to the rule (naracoorte))

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i read somewhere that the cost of oil shouldn't make a difference, as all fues use the sameoil, its just burnt at a diffferent temp to get the different varients!

S

sverzijl

Its all based on demand.

Its a mixture between marketing (ie, more expensive = better) and the fact that less people buy it so it costs a tiny bit more to produce per litre since you are making less of it.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
i always pay 10 cents more and get 98 and on the odd ocasion 5 cents more for 95 when they outa 98 :bang: damn truckys