Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price of Pre-Mixed Drinks

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
did anyone hear on the radio today that they want to raise the tax some more because more teenagers have ended up in hospital since the last rise?

i lol'd when i heard that ****

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Three cheers for Kevin Rudd and his Band-Aid approach to fixing things.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
The rise was only to have RTD's taxed the same as bulk spirits where it should have been all along, even the DSICA were lobbying when the Howard government reduced the RTD excise

So now the system has beer taxed at the correct beer rate, wines taxed at the WET rate and all spirits be it bulk or pre-mixed carry the same excise

Just wondering if there would be the same amount of people whining had the DSICA got their way with the Howard Government and the cost of RTD's had of gone up more under them ?

did anyone hear on the radio today that they want to raise the tax some more because more teenagers have ended up in hospital since the last rise?

Probably because more of them are turning to cheap cask wine now and drinking a similiar (or more) amount to what they would have drunk in RTD's. Some cheaper wines are chock full of stuff that will put you in hospital if you binge on it

At least nowadays we don't have the kids binge drinking the essence products like they used to, that stuff caused way more harm than drinking alcohol would

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Yeah i heard that as well hahah, just 2 days ago i tossed up the idea of getting a 6 pack of bourbon or a bottle for the same price. Wonder what they all chose.