Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Probably a dumb question about OTR CAI installation, but...

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
When you go through the net, he always comes up, he does generic brand exhausts, both x-force and difillipo, but I can't faulter my x-force exhaust, it just won't be big enough with the mods I am planning, so I may aswell change it out.

I just believe that word of mouth is the better way to choose a mechanic, people's experience can't point you in the wrong direction.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
If you remember, I had an issue the other week, the pedal didn't fully return, but it seems alright now, been giving it a bit of a hard time though, testing out the cam and traction control. Just need to put it on the 1/4mile now and up against some different cars.

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Have you heard anything in regards to a clutch re-call? I heard a rumour that there maybe a recall to fix the pedal problem, but haven't been able to find anything on the net about it.

thats true I had mine replaced under warranty cos it was sticking to the floor when you gave it a bit theres a thread on LS1 about it in a section you have to be a member to see maybe thats why you cant find it

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yeah I agree. Experience carries a lot more weight than heresay. I'll check out that recall when I go back. They reckon they'll be done by 2 but I doubt it. I got the last service done there too to save time rather than booking in for two places. Never again. They're also fixing the rough idle and steering vibration that has strangely developed in the last three weeks. Bet a dollar they try and tell me they're unrelated. Last Holden dealer I got my car serviced at I caught them doing burnouts up the street - I was eating across the road. That was awesome!

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I can't believe they were doing that, that is just bad service, and they wonder why people take their cars to other mechanics than to the dealers, they're over priced and they do that too your car, I would hate to see that, I would be straight over and tear strips off someone.

See what they say about the clutch issue. I am unsure if it is an actual recall yet.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Ok. According to Mr Holden, there is no confirmation of a clutch recall. But clearly something was up so it could be on the cards.

Got the ute back with the statement, we're not sure if we've fixed it. Always comforting. The steer pulley problem only happens when cold so I can understand that it might be difficult to check. However they had it for 2 days last time and were 100% certain they'd fixed it then. They wanted it overnight again but I'm in the middle of moving house so I need it. They've assured me it won't cause any problems (even though they don't know what it is) and to book it in again ASAP overnight. Oh well. At least they machined my brake rotors for free!

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
just to re cap.

sonny at Marranos does whatever exhaust brand you want.
He will steer you in the right direction - but at the end of the day...he does what you want..and what you are looking for.

A good size for headers is 1 3/4inch...
but if u are gonna go for cams andhead work...then maybe a bigger size 1 7/8 etc...

Just came back from his shop for a quick chat.
Will be getting some Xforce 1 3/5" and 3: hi flow cats installed sometime this month with another re tune.

will give u the results.

-Geoff

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Thanks Geoff. I'll be giving Him a call shortly after the move. Not looking at heads/cams at the moment. Possibly a supercharger down the track when I have a spare 14 grand but for now I'll be happy keeping it simple.

How did you go with a quote for the lip spoiler?