Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem evaluations, VR Berlina.

big.aldo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina 3.8l Buick
Hey guys... got a few issues with the Berlina. I think I may have posted on this before but the problems persist and so I seek your infinite wisdom... I have the following problems
-shocks need replacing all around
-handbrake warning beeper goes off every minute or so no matter what I do
-seats, roof lining and console are all heavily paint damaged (don't leave spray cans in hot cars kids...)
-left hand engine mount is stuffed

Now I have saved money to replace the vehicle and have a loan pending... if I decide to fix it however I can not worry about the loan leaving me $2500 to play with. Now, if I'm going to sink yet more cash into this blackhole of a machine, I'd like it to be nice when I'm done instead of barely adequate, meaning lowered springs, tint and nicer interior than standard, as a minimum. What would you guys be doing and how much do you think it will cost? My first preference is to ditch the bloody thing and buy a VT or a later VS, but the bank (the old man) is a bit iffy about this idea.

Last edited:

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
i got a mate with a mint spac interior forsale MINT. shocks meh about 550 or so. i brought 2 new engine mounts for my vs ecotec on the weekend for 125 for 2

big.aldo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina 3.8l Buick
Where did you buy the engine mounts mate? I'm being quoted between 170 and 250 for mounts. Also how much was your mate wanting for the interior and where is he located?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ecotec
depends where you are for other parts so cant help there but as for h/b warning going off no matter what
is normally the switch at the h/b inside car under console breaks clips gets dirty terminals and sometims wire comes out of terminal

remove console surround and check all these out
hope this helps

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6