Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with broken radiator hose

peter65

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exec
had the same thing happen to my vp on southern cross drive in peak hour here in sydney... used a random breath test white tube to make a sleeve up to get me home! thank heavens for people who litter! cheers, pete

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
had the same thing happen to my vp on southern cross drive in peak hour here in sydney... used a random breath test white tube to make a sleeve up to get me home! thank heavens for people who litter! cheers, pete

Don't condone littering :| I'm a garbo

But glad it's all fixed now

fergies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SPAK SII WAGON
Can anyone give me the name of this part or the part number?

Mine shat itself today!

Thanks

joeallen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 WH Statesman
The part in question is called a connector cool gm #92061300. Most importantly there is one on the back of the manifold also. It will also be brittle. If it comes apart in more than 1 piece, you have to remove the manifold to get to it. I removed my intake and just lifted it up and rotated it 90 degrees. I did this because I did not want to remove the throttle linkage. There is an o-ring that goes on it also.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
thread tap the hole and screw a metal one in, thats what i did to the project vn... those plastic ones are a joke. otherwise buy like 3 of those plastic ones and have them ready in your tool box. its that common of a problem...

fergies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SPAK SII WAGON
Thanks guys, I had it fixed the same day it died a couple of weeks ago & replaced it with the metal type one.

Cost was $20 which included the metal connector with O ring, new hose & clamps.