Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems

muffman001

Reaction score
Website
nfateam.informe.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina soon to be turbo'd
hi i have a vl commodore and the stero used to work all the time now im haveing some troubell can any one help i have a

sony - cdx ca690x xplod 52x4 cd player

road sound 4 channel 400w amp

power akustic 4 channel brigabal 400w amp

audio gods 7 band eq 60 w 2 way running the front dash speakers orignal vl

sony 6x9s in front doors

kenwood 7x10s on back dash

2 800w pioneer bullit subs running paralell

sony 10 inch sub
and 4 one inch 300w dome tweeters running in pairs

but the problem is i charge the battrie untill charged play the cd player (loud)
for about 3 minuets max and the cd player cuts out and will not turn back on ? the amps are still on and the equliser is to ? the battrie will start the car do you recon because i hardly ever start my car that i have fried the battrie ? or do you think it could be some thing else? :ranting: :b:
my personal opion is maby cause the subs chew too mutch power i have killed the high power storage in the battrie thats prob why when i crank it it cannot handel the power getting draind and the car will start what do u think

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Eh?

So you crank the stereo with the car turned off? For how long?
And then it cuts out.. But your car will start?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Dude, you the treble masta!

It simply sounds like you the head unit is becoming too hot and is going into thermal protection mode therefore shutting down to save itself.

muffman001

Reaction score
Website
nfateam.informe.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina soon to be turbo'd
Turned Off

Yeah i hardly drive the car because of haveing no licence or rego and the car has problems so i charge the battrie on a 12 v charger and chuck the battrie back in and give it a blastin on a good day it will last 30 min witout cutting out but lately last few days it has only lasted about 3 min about a songs worth before it shuts down :b: :drink:

treble masta! lol i dont think its that good but when ya lisin to a song with gutars in it you can almost here the pick strikeing the gutar strings :yeah:
i also love bass go tha 2 twelve inch pionner bullit subs and a sony sub as well shakes the fu** out of the old vl i still need better amps tho

gonna rewire the cd player and amps got some thick as sh** wire

will tell ya how it is runnin after :w00t: