Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Procharger Supercharger for LS2

PJM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Hi everyone,

I am looking at installing a Procharger D1-SC supercharger with 3-core intercooler to my 2006 VE Clubsport R8. Currently I have a cam, OTR, Maf-less tune and full exhaust done. I know that I am going to have to go bigger injectors and possibly might have to upgrade my fuel pump, rail and lines etc. Procharger claim that it should put out around 650hp at the wheels with the charger (7psi of boost) and my current mods.

Is anybody aware of how much power an LS2 engine (with stock bottom end) can handle before it will start having problems with internal engine components (such as rod, pistons etc)?

I would appreciate peoples opinions because I am getting conflicting advice from different companies?

Thanks in advance...

Paul

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
not 100% sure, but try the LS1tech or LS2 forums, there's heaps on those forums with FI, fuel systems, people asking similar questions, etc lots of info. both American forums and tons of info on them.

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

sed8

commodore nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute @ vk calais
Give GM Motorsport a call and discuss it with them. They are the local Procharger guru's.

Power is subjective. Some peoples dynos read higher than others so you shouldn't really use that as the basis for your decision.

If the tune is good you'll be maxing out a D1-SC well before you hurt pistons. If the tune is **** that's another story though.

highly doubt a stock stroke 6 litre will max out a blower good for 800-900 hp

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Whats stroke got anything to do with it?