Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Idea really tempting...R31 Skyline running the big 5.0???

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi Guys...

Look...I've had this project idea in my mind since I was 12 years old...I am now 18 and I now also have the power to do it...I just wanted to start researching some stuff because I'm really tempted...What I have in mind is Putting a 5.0L Injected into a R31 Skyline...:cool:

The reason I have wanted to do it for so long is because no body else has ever done it before yet it is such a fairly easy conversion...as far as I know...I also think it would be very unique and an absolute spin out when you give it the boot at the lights...an R31 with no motor could be picked up for real cheap aswell and a smashed donor with the 5.0L isnt hard to find these days...so it would be a very easy and cheap conversion and I think in the end it would be very worth while...I just wanted to know if anyone could give me any helpful tips or ideas on this...what you guys think about it all...and are there any major problems that may arise or things that I might have to do beforehand...I just want to start researching because I am really really keen to do this and have the money at the moment to do it...I'd absolutely love to do it and I have wanted to for a long time...and I am still sometimes suprised that nobody has yet done it...picture this...a very clean with nice paint r31 (possibly gts...original)...dumped on its guts...with a nice set of rims...people would be like "ok nice skyline"...but then imagine their faces when you ask to drag them and watch their faces turn from laughter to pure dissapointment when you open it up and leave them for dead...??? How cool..."WTF was that...? Was that a V8 or something"...hehe...GOD I'D LOVE TO DO IT...what a thrill it would be...:driving:

Any help or comments on this would be much appreaciated...

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
c'mon guys...some more feedback on this would be great...! :yeah:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Theres an R33 In QLD with a 6spd LS1, :)

Very very quick,

Cheers
MaT

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I dont see why you would do it though? You could get more power outta the RB then the LS1..........:king:
AirStrike :air:

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
AirStrike said:
I dont see why you would do it though? You could get more power outta the RB then the LS1..........:king:

yeah thanks Hozy...I knew about that one already...**** its mean...

It's all about how unique it would be...its an easy and cheap conversioin aswell...lol...ill show nissan which holden motor they SHOULD have put into their 31's instead of the VL motors...hehe...:thumbsup: it's a thing i've always wanted to do and now that I have the power to do it...I'd really love to do it...

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
DO IT!!!
then sell it on ebay for **** loads
and buy a r34 V-spec and drop a monaro motor in it
fully_sic_habib said:
SIC MATE SIC SUBwhatthe**** was that!!?
:D

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
phat_com said:
DO IT!!!
then sell it on ebay for **** loads
and buy a r34 V-spec and drop a monaro motor in it
:D

lol...thanks for your input mate...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
AirStrike said:

If money was no option, i beg to differ

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
a guy in S.A. did it to an R31 skyline silhouette, droped a 304 into it from a VL, chucked a holley 650 on it and then two Garrett T04B turbos. He then dropped a manualised trimatic in there. he is curently running 10.9's with the factory diff!

if u want to read about it get Performance Bulidups volume 16 number 1 its all in here.
Sounds like the combo could make for a lot of fun