Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Stuff 'em, it's during the day, get used to it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Finished lowering the car today.

Haven't driven it yet as I cbf pulling it out the garage so will get better pics next time its out.

For now its sitting on SSL front and SSL rear (no matter what setup I go with in the future the car will never have its ass lower than the front, I hate that invisible caravan look)

But this has definitely gotten rid of the 4x4 look and filled the guards up nicely.

Should drop a little more as the springs settle
20140427_163414_zpsb9e1e000.jpg

old stock height:
20140120_173104_zpsaffa52d2.jpg

Will still look at bags in the future, but would like to do more engine work first.

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
getting there, least its better than before. finished your shed finally

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
getting there, least its better than before. finished your shed finally

Yeah, it should still drop a little more once its actually been driven, but at least the guards are filled now :p

Yeah garage has been finished for a while, finally got concrete and everything back in now hence doing the suspension.

Now its done I did springs, shocks, struts, brakes, bushes etc all in one hit because I have air tools etc now

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Finished lowering the car today.

Haven't driven it yet as I cbf pulling it out the garage so will get better pics next time its out.

For now its sitting on SSL front and SSL rear (no matter what setup I go with in the future the car will never have its ass lower than the front, I hate that invisible caravan look)

But this has definitely gotten rid of the 4x4 look and filled the guards up nicely.

Should drop a little more as the springs settle
20140427_163414_zpsb9e1e000.jpg

old stock height:
20140120_173104_zpsaffa52d2.jpg

Will still look at bags in the future, but would like to do more engine work first.
ahhh much better....so whats the eyebrow height now on the fronts...oh and what brand springs shocks did you end up with ? :)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
ahhh much better....so whats the eyebrow height now on the fronts...oh and what brand springs shocks did you end up with ? :)

Ended up with king springs because I couldn't track any lovells down and got the kings for the right price.

I have been burned with king springs in terms of ride quality in the past but I am now thinking that was due to the Monroe GT Sports shocks which were race car levels of stiffness.

Got Pedders Sports Ryders on the front and KYB on the back, I ended up taking it for a quick run tonight and it was quite impressive in terms of soft ride quality.

No idea what the eye brow height is, in terms of legality it won't matter anyways as SA has just adopted the 10cm lowest point rule like the rest of the country so its not longer measured from the guard.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
No idea what the eye brow height is, in terms of legality it won't matter anyways as SA has just adopted the 10cm lowest point rule like the rest of the country so its not longer measured from the guard.
Thx
you sure about the 10cm only (its always been policed btw) 3 locals have been pinged over the last mth or so(assuming to low as they were all wearing defect stickers and now running standard height). funny seeing all the vr /vs ect in my area running around looking like 4wd when the low look was the norm :)
A mate got done a few mths ago because even though his ute was above the EB height for a sedan utes apparenty have a higher min EB allowed

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Thx
you sure about the 10cm only (its always been policed btw) 3 locals have been pinged over the last mth or so(assuming to low as they were all wearing defect stickers and now running standard height). funny seeing all the vr /vs ect in my area running around looking like 4wd when the low look was the norm :)
A mate got done a few mths ago because even though his ute was above the EB height for a sedan utes apparenty have a higher min EB allowed

I am sure it's still there, but from what I hear it's being phased out.

Most other states generally run off the 10cm rule as a primary measurement now.

But regardless, most things aren't legal anymore so no point fighting it or worrying about it.

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Yeah dont think many 10+yo cars here in radelaide are fully ADR compliant :) just curious as lowering the VR is my next project...being a bottom feeder cant afford not to get it right first time :)
Just the mention of regency gives me cold shevers..... heard lots of horror stories :D