Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ps pump pulley wobbly + harmonic balancer

elmsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II executive 3.8L 6cyl
My ps pump pulley is running wobbley, and so is the harmonic balancer is this normal? also when at a set of lights and braked my cars only at like 600rpm and shakes about abit is this also normal or no? Recently had major service, plugs all filters, leads, and new battery. But pretty sure these still occurred before service. Car vt series II executive, the steering is a prick to park it sucks when not giving it a bit of accelerator, has brand new everything in the steering tho, pump rack hoses, doesn't had a new pulley tho an it's wobbles. And also when stopped at set of lights I feel a vibration coming though my steering wheel, any suggestions?

elmsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
mmmm niceee..can someome just please tell me if there vt commodore power steering pump pulley is running true and not wobbly and there steering is fine.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the pulleys are wobbling, then somethings not right, they should run true. The harmonic balancer is known for wobbling badly when its on its way out. The rubber section of the balancer perishes, cracks and then the balancer fails, so carefully check this..

elmsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
some guy who remanufacture pumps and racks said to just replace the bolts in the pulley?? and yeh the harmonic balancer wobbles and i think i can see cracks in it.