Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ps3 or xbox360? Why?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Gotta get a decent HDMI cable and the remote too...

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
I have both...

Graphics - Most games on xbox probably have the edge unless they are less than six months old, now they are really starting to even out.
Games - Xbox has more depends on what you're after though, Playstation has more asian style games. Obviously has GT5 coming out as well, although I enjoy Forza 2 more than Prologue.
Reliability - PS3
Movies - PS3
Online Play - Xbox LIVE kills PS Online, but you have to pay $100 a year for it. No one really seems to use PS Online even though its free, game matching can take a while
Hard Drive - PS 3 wins bigger and inbuilt, doesn't cost a fortune to expand
Wireless Networking - Xbox costs $150, PS3 is free
Hacking - Can't hack the PS3

Overall both are pretty good consoles, it comes down to the games you want I guess, or if Bluray interests you. At the moment the Xbox has the better games for mine, and most of EA's sport range look better on the 360 (I love FIFA and Madden). Bluray is a killer selling point though.

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Online Play - Xbox LIVE kills PS Online, but you have to pay $100 a month for it. No one really seems to use PS Online even though its free, game matching can take a while.

Typo there mate.

HaMmErD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze CDX
I think XBOX 360 is out of date....

firstly Xbox360 isn't FUll HD it runs the 6 coax cables not a HDMI cable

And yes the xbox elite has HDMI but v1.2 not v1.3 which PS3 has

PS3 has blue ray which is a far greater technology than HD-DVD all I have to say about that is HD-DVD - 20GB storage compared to blueray - 50GB far more room to put higher quality videos on and bigger better games :D

Wireless - I don't have a problem with mine runs smooth as

XBOX maybe cheaper to buy but in the long run u are prob payign just as much if not more chargers wireless adapters the list goes on ... what do you expect from a money hungry company like microsoft.... But at the end of the day they are both great consoles its really comes down to what you want...

Xbox live is pretty sweet $100 for a year (approx) not for a month btw

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Here's a great comparison/review...
Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3 vs. Wii: A Technical Comparison

I've made up my mind :D Playstation 3 :thumbsup:

Just read through that link and I'm curious, how did you still manage to pick the ps3? What did I miss?

It all looked pretty even as far as processing and all that went.

So what did I miss?

I reckon the 360 needs to bring out a Bluray addon. Bluray drive would be ideal, but a bluray add on would get a heap of sales. It's a shame HD-DVD died.