Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Public with Guns

Public with weapons? Guns should be....

• Total voters

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
I did all the licensing processes a few months ago....
Was 100 times easier to get a gun license than it was to get my Drivers license!!

I think it should be made a lot harder, and also take a lot longer....
Generally, you can have a gun license within 4 weeks of doing a safety course!!
As long as you have cash, a gun of your choice is not far away!!

I bought a Highpower Centrefire Rifle with scope for my 1st gun.....
I think 1st guns should be restricted as well, damn, I could cut tree's down with mine!!

It makes me cringe to think it is possible for the wrong type of individuals to get their hands on something like this so quickly!!

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
It makes me cringe to think it is possible for the wrong type of individuals to get their hands on something like this so quickly!!

and this is all the laws against gun done was put the guns in the hands of this kind of people while the law abiding people handed them over

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Ive never felt more complete than when i had a gun in my hands, esp autmatic weapons in the army cadets. I just turned 18 so i think ill buy a .308 or something that will put big holes in things.

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
Ive never felt more complete than when i had a gun in my hands, esp autmatic weapons in the army cadets. I just turned 18 so i think ill buy a .308 or something that will put big holes in things.

thats very red-neck of you man.

can i join in? i got a .308

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I can see no reason why the general public need to carry or have firearms at home in Australia. Overall the rules (in Vic anyway) are pretty good. I'd go a little further and ban the storage of firearms at private residences totally.

Reaper

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah weve had guns for years in Queensland. Living on a large property we had problems with foxes getting into our chickens and the occasional wild pig destroying gardens etc. Guns were a useful tool. In suburban Melbourne though, you have no use for them, so theres no need for you to have them - pretty simple.

Our society is much different to America's and dont see guns as being a huge issue like it is over there, but id like to see them restricted to people with a use for them. People who own country properties, people who go hunting, part of a gun club etc. Not just because hey look at what ive got.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
thats very red-neck of you man.

can i join in? i got a .308

Thats the way, big guns FTW! Numerous problems can be sloved with a gun. The massacre at port artuhur would have been stoped in its tracks if someone else had a gun and wasted the bloke before he did to much damage. I think its a good idea for law abiding citizens to own guns, because atm its the crims who have the guns and the power.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Thats the way, big guns FTW! Numerous problems can be sloved with a gun. The massacre at port artuhur would have been stoped in its tracks if someone else had a gun and wasted the bloke before he did to much damage. I think its a good idea for law abiding citizens to own guns, because atm its the crims who have the guns and the power.

Of course you do need to parallel this with the countless less shootings because there were no guns nearby when Joe Q Idiot does his nut because the mrs crashed the car or similar. One could argue that even tighter gun control may have prevented the tragedy you mentioned all together.

Reaper

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
wonder how many crims get a gun licence before a robbery or a murder...id say none...you get a licence you go on a data base you commit a crime you get caught easier...stricter control for people who need one anyone else banned banned banned...

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown

wonder how many people in america get murdered by their own weapon...i believe if more people had a gun there would be MORE murders not less...someone fires a gun and others would pull theirs and start shooting indiscriminately then thered be multiple murderers...i cant prove it would happen that way just like you cant prove it wouldnt...