Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulley kit

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
Hey guys
I need to change my pully cause if my idle pulley is rattling like it’s in a Mexican mariachi band, I’ve decided to go for powerbond 25% underdrive kit, I just wanna know if theirs anything else I need to change/check since the pulleys getting done. She’s a late model ‘10 S1 SS redline man at 180k on the dash. I got told do the water pump. Any thoughts or recommendations be appreciated.
Cheers guys

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey guys
I need to change my pully cause if my idle pulley is rattling like it’s in a Mexican mariachi band, I’ve decided to go for powerbond 25% underdrive kit, I just wanna know if theirs anything else I need to change/check since the pulleys getting done. She’s a late model ‘10 S1 SS redline man at 180k on the dash. I got told do the water pump. Any thoughts or recommendations be appreciated.
Cheers guys
An underdrive pulley will need a slightly shorter serpentine belt.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't replace the pump unless the bearing feels how ya going. If you do decide to the best is a gen pump.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When you replace the balancer buy an install kit. It will make the job a lot easier and safer.

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
Yeah I’ve purchased the power bond pulley kit, come with the balancer 3 pulleys and two belts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No, I'm referring to an install tool. It's a long threaded rod with a nut on it. They are cheap and by far the safest way to fit the balancer.

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
I wouldn't replace the pump unless the bearing feels how ya going. If you do decide to the best is a gen pump.
That’s the thing I do hear a slight/faint sound, sorta sounds like a belt slipping internally, comes and goes like a heart beat in waves. Then again it came to me if I do do the pump then might as well do the timing chain

REDRUM-6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 VE SS 6 Spd redline
No, I'm referring to an install tool. It's a long threaded rod with a nut on it. They are cheap and by far the safest way to fit the balancer.
Ohh sry mate. I’m not doing the job myself. I don’t have time or equipment. Getting a mechanic.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Too easy, I'd get him to see if the pump needs doing before forking out about $700 for a new one. Like you alluded too where do you stop?

Crunchy Granola

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore,77 Charger,Cagiva Raptor 1000
Hey guys
Cheers guys
Not too sure about these underdrive pulleys, some people say they affect alternator voltage and air con performance. Don't know what the general opinion is.