Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling Engine Out

ZOOTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden VZ SS Commodore
Hi Guys,

Several questions.

1) Can the bolts for the intake manifold be reused after being removed?

2) Once removed, how do I clean the intake manifold?

3) Are there any gaskets to be replaced before the intake manifold goes back?

4) Are there any torque settings for the bolts on intake manifold and is lock tight or anything required?

5) If there is leaking from the cam sensor do I just replace the o'ring around it or does the sensor require a full replacement?

Thanks again fellas in particular Sabbath with this one.

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Get yourself a Max Ellery or similar workshop manual.

ZOOTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a look up the back of the intake manifold and there is oil leaking around the cam sensor just as Sabbath predicted. I am not surprised you are right but blown away by your skills mate:) does it mean that the valley seal plate needs to be replaced?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Are you sure it's coming from the cam sensor and not the oil pressure sensor? They are both quite close together. The oil pressure sensor leak is more common and much easier to fix, just requires you to remove the sensor, apply some sealant and replace. A bit fiddly due to lack of clearance but a lot easier/quicker than removing the inlet manifold. Suggest you reseal the oil pressure sensor, spray the area with degreaser and water, and then inspect the area for leaks over the next few days (use a mirror).

ZOOTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
The cam sensor has oil residue all over it and the oil pressure sensor is clean though there is oil around it on the block.