Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Push button starting in VL '88

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well how many cars do you jump in and go "Oh I wonder if it starts by a button"...And there are ways to solve just pressing a button to start...For one, he could have an over ride switch...

He could also get an alarm or an immobiliser but thats not the point. I'd rather have the steering lock there if the key is not needed to start the vehicle.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
He could also get an alarm or an immobiliser but thats not the point. I'd rather have the steering lock there if the key is not needed to start the vehicle.

Well yes there is that, I have 2.1 immobiliser, alarm and kill button (button needs to be held while you start the car, and I'd still hesitate in having a no key start engine...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
well...if there is an immbolizer in the vehicle...having a no key system would not be that bad. I'm in the process of building up a single button acc/ign/start on a car at the moment. Let you know what comes up.

colt_777

Reaction score
Members Ride
'88 VL Executive
Thanks for your answers guys. I am doing it partly for looks and partly for functionality, as well as for security. I would have a kill switch as well as possibly a hidden override switch so that no matter what you did you couldn't start it. I will let you know how I go. So it is the purple wires on an 88 VL?

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
So having 20" wheels would also be a waste of time? or a remote when there are already buttons on the radio...There done for looks...If he were to find a way to disable the ignition lock then he wouldn't need a key...

yeh but id rather have 20" rims then a ****ty push button lol